The Student Room Group

Atkins Online Assessment

Hey guys, I have recently submitted in an application for an apprenticeship for Atkins and I now have to do an assessment which include video questions and a written question - what is the assessment like and what do they ask in the video questions?
Reply 1
Original post by User.14x
Hey guys, I have recently submitted in an application for an apprenticeship for Atkins and I now have to do an assessment which include video questions and a written question - what is the assessment like and what do they ask in the video questions?

How was it? What sort of q's did they ask?
Reply 2
(Original post by salz123)How was it? What sort of q's did they ask?

The test was quite difficult, they do record you as you take the assessment and then video interview. They also view your screen as well. Some of the questions were like 'tell us about a challenge you've been through and how you overcame it' and 'why do you want to work in Atkins?' It was only two video questions and one written question. You have to do math based questions and personality questions too.
Reply 3
Oh wow. Thanks so much!!
So I have to switch my camera on as I take the assessment? Again, thanks so much <3333
(ps - if you remember anything else from the assessment, I would love to know :smile: )

(Original post by User.14x)(Original post by salz123)How was it? What sort of q's did they ask?

The test was quite difficult, they do record you as you take the assessment and then video interview. They also view your screen as well. Some of the questions were like 'tell us about a challenge you've been through and how you overcame it' and 'why do you want to work in Atkins?' It was only two video questions and one written question. You have to do math based questions and personality questions too.
Reply 4
I've done it yesterday, kind of struggled. There was a few math based questions such as finding a proportion, or finding percentanges of different costs like rent, utility. There were also some scenarios where they test your way of approaching different problems, which wasn't too bad in my opinion. There's a break in between the first and second part, the second part was about the writing/speaking questions.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Yes basically you have to switch it on - they ask permission when you begin the assessment and you are welcome :smile:
I don't remember much as I did it in December aha.
Original post by salz123
Oh wow. Thanks so much!!
So I have to switch my camera on as I take the assessment? Again, thanks so much <3333
(ps - if you remember anything else from the assessment, I would love to know :smile: )

(Original post by User.14x)(Original post by salz123)How was it? What sort of q's did they ask?

Reply 6
What were the two video sections on? Also, I wouldn't worry if you struggled a little - most people have said it was difficult!

Original post by Raed.S
I've done it yesterday, kind of struggled. There was a few math based questions such as finding a proportion, or finding percentanges of different costs like rent, utility. There were also some scenarios where they test your way of approaching different problems, which wasn't too bad in my opinion. There's a break in between the first and second part, the second part was about the writing/speaking questions.
Reply 7
Original post by salz123
What were the two video sections on? Also, I wouldn't worry if you struggled a little - most people have said it was difficult!

Yeah, should be fine hopefully. The video sections were on "what are you going to bring to the role and how will you contribute to the team". What role did you apply for?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
I applied for the architecture apprenticeship! I'm planning on doing the assessment today, so I'll let you know how I find it. What role did you apply for?
Also, thanks so much!

Original post by Raed.S
]

(Original post by Raed.S)Yeah, should be fine hopefully. The video sections were on "what are you going to bring to the role and how will you contribute to the team". 'tell us how you overcame a challenge and what you learnt from it". What role did you apply for?
Reply 9
Original post by salz123
I applied for the architecture apprenticeship! I'm planning on doing the assessment today, so I'll let you know how I find it. What role did you apply for?
Also, thanks so much!

No worries, hope it goes well. I've applied for the civil engineering apprenticeship.
(edited 1 year ago)
Thanks! It went okay. Not amazing, but also not bad. Have you heard back from them?
Reply 11
Haven't heard anything yet, should take a few weeks for a reply.
Okay, best of luck!
Reply 13
The video assessment questions were shared. If you guys can also share what was that written question about? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending