The Student Room Group

advice and help necessary

I applied for medicine and now i regret my decision so much, i wish i listened to myself and picked English because im mediocre and not nearly as intelligent as all the other applicants and i had no support in the process as mty dad was abusing me and my school did not support me through the ucas aplicationand decsons and i was confused so i picked medicine because thats what my mum wanted me to do and then she died and i didnt know what to do so i picked that and then i got depressed and was almost put in a psych ward twice in July and my friend told me to do the ucat and so i applied and i only revised for a week and i ended up with a 2600 and a band 1 and i thought that because i didnt fail i might aswell try but now i cant do it, nothing in my body says its the career for me and i dont know what to do because everythings been sent and i have I go to uni, i cant stay for another year, and its so pointless because i got one offer and i wish that i could tell my mum or be as smart as everyone else but nothing is there, my heart is not there. i dont know what to do.
Sorry this is happening to you :frown:

If you don't want to do Medicine, then don't do it! If you've already sent your UCAS application, there's very little you can do this year, but you can always take a gap year and then apply to do English or try to get into an English degree once clearing opens... speak with your school as a matter of urgency about this. Follow your dreams, not other people's dreams. And don't think you're mediocre and unintelligent - you're just feeling like that because you've been doing something you don't want to do.

Also, you said your dad was abusing you... don't tell me the details but tell somebody. Your school, the police, anybody who's in a position to help you. Speak with your school about your whole situation.
Original post by almondbunny333
I applied for medicine and now i regret my decision so much, i wish i listened to myself and picked English because im mediocre and not nearly as intelligent as all the other applicants and i had no support in the process as mty dad was abusing me and my school did not support me through the ucas aplicationand decsons and i was confused so i picked medicine because thats what my mum wanted me to do and then she died and i didnt know what to do so i picked that and then i got depressed and was almost put in a psych ward twice in July and my friend told me to do the ucat and so i applied and i only revised for a week and i ended up with a 2600 and a band 1 and i thought that because i didnt fail i might aswell try but now i cant do it, nothing in my body says its the career for me and i dont know what to do because everythings been sent and i have I go to uni, i cant stay for another year, and its so pointless because i got one offer and i wish that i could tell my mum or be as smart as everyone else but nothing is there, my heart is not there. i dont know what to do.

Hi there,

Sorry you are going through this.

We can see you are getting great advice from the community but we are just reaching out to let you know there is support available out there that may be of use:

- Victim Support
https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/
Get in touch anytime for independent, free, and confidential advice:
Call Supportline on 08 08 16 89 111

- NSPCC
Please call the NSPCC Helpline on 0808 800 5000 or email [email protected]. Please note that you still have the option to request anonymity via call or emails.

- Childline
Childline is free to contact on 0800 1111. Childline counsellors are here to take calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from children and young people under 19. Childline counsellors are also available to speak to online through 1-2-1 chat and via email.

- Refuge - Anyone, domestic violence

Hope you find this useful and please come into ATCS if you have any further questions.

If you receive more abuse we would encourage you to report it to the police.

Look after yourself.

Best wishes,
TSR Support

Original post by almondbunny333

Hey man, do what your heart tells you to do

Gl brother

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending