The Student Room Group

Can I apply 2 courses at same university via UCAS?

Can I apply 2 different courses under same Department at UCL/KCL/LSE via UCAS? Will applying 2 courses affect the chances of being accepted? Can the university give CO to both courses?
Original post by anitamom
Can I apply 2 different courses under same Department at UCL/KCL/LSE via UCAS? Will applying 2 courses affect the chances of being accepted? Can the university give CO to both courses?

You can but you risk ending up with no offers at all as you are applying to three very competitve unis.
Reply 2
I would not be applying to all of them. Has anyone received CO from 2 courses apply at the same university?
I would not be applying to all of them. Has anyone received CO from 2 courses apply at the same university?

Yes. But you need to check the policy of the specific department you’re thinking of doing this with.

NB. If the courses have the same entry requirements, it won’t increase your chances of getting an offer. You’ll more than likely get two or none. You’ll also hamper your chances of writing a decent PS for both.

LSE have a specific policy on this issue:

"You are welcome to apply to more than one programme at LSE; however you should ensure that they are fairly similar to ensure that you are able to write a relevant and well-focused personal statement. We advise students applying to more than one programme at LSE to be cautious, as they may find it difficult to effectively demonstrate their academic interest in the limited amount of space available in the personal statement. LSE does not accept additional or supplementary personal statements.
"You should also note that applying to more than one programme does not increase the likelihood of your being made an offer. Applicants who make applications to more than one programme at the School within the same cycle will be considered for all programmes applied to, however would only be eligible to receive a maximum of one offer from the School."

https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply/Completing-the-UCAS-form
Can you: yes
Should you: usually no

Applying to multiple courses at a universities isn't going to increase your chances of an offer and in many cases (especially for competitive courses or those with a heavy emphasis on your PS) will decrease your chances of an offer by demonstrating a lack of commitment.
Reply 6
Thank you for your reply, it is very useful.

May I know if there is a specific policy on this issue for UCL and KCL?
I have looked at their websites but cannot find similar statement as LSE " Applicants who make applications to more than one programme at the School within the same cycle will be considered for all programmes applied to, however would only be eligible to receive a maximum of one offer from the School."
Thank you for your reply, it is very useful.

May I know if there is a specific policy on this issue for UCL and KCL?
I have looked at their websites but cannot find similar statement as LSE " Applicants who make applications to more than one programme at the School within the same cycle will be considered for all programmes applied to, however would only be eligible to receive a maximum of one offer from the School."

I haven't seen the equivalent statement by those two unis, but tbh I haven't looked for it.
If there's nothing on their websites then there is prbably no restriction, but you should email them to check.
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/frequently-asked-questions
Yes, you can apply to more than one programme at UCL. However, multiple applications to the same department may not be considered. Please get in touch with us for more information. Please also be aware that most programmes at UCL don’t accept an additional personal statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending