The Student Room Group

Bloating and Gas Issues

Since October 2021 when I moved into student halls I started to have tummy aches on and off.

I suspected it was due to the food I would cook, but the tummy aches were on and off.

Around April/May 2021, I started to experience daily farts. Everytime I would let gas out my tummy would feel better and it would go empty / flat.

I would like to note that I would never get tummy aches or farts frequently at all! It was always a one off occasion.

Recently since mid-Jan 2023 something has been happening to my tummy.

I was in my room for days doing my dissertation. The only breaks I got was from eating and showering. Apart from that I would constantly sit down on my chair or sit up on my bed to work.

I remember cooking butter chicken and I sat down to eat. My tummy while eating and even after eating started to bubble and I could hear the gas.

This happened everytime I would eat for 5 days.

I took gaviscon which kind of helped but not really.

Leading up to the day my tummy was getting better, I ordered a zinger burger which I couldn’t finish because my chest started to close in to the point I felt like I was going to throw up.

I suffered from acid reflux in 2015 so I know how my body reacts when I don’t eat and when I take gaviscon, but this time it was different.

I went from taking a poo every day to every other day, it would be constipated poo.

I was eating properly during this time such as: bananas, grapes, oranges, yoghurts, juices and meat.

It got better after a while.

But now my tummy after I am done eating makes anxiety noises which I would get when stressed. However I am not stressed because I have submitted my dissertation so much calmer.

Also before my farts were odourless and now it isn’t that odourless.

I am taking kefir, Yakult and kombucha. Along with eating fruits and eating on time.

Acidity only happens when I go long periods without eating. However I am eating so I don’t know where the acid and gas is coming from.
Asking random people to give you medical advice based on a couple of lines is not going to get you the right answer. Just many wrong answers and a lot of anxiety
It's best to go and see your doctor as it could be many things and they'll be able to advise you better as well as run any necessary tests to diagnose you
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by EdwardsWK
Asking random people to give you medical advice based on a couple of lines is not going to get you the right answer. Just many wrong answers and a lot of anxiety
It's best to go and see your doctor as it could be many things and they'll be able to advise you better as well as run any necessary tests to diagnose you

I would rather have people reply to this at the moment.
Do you know how long it takes to get a GP appointment? 3 weeks!

Do you know how long I have been on the NHS waiting list? 6+ months

I went to the doctors telling them I have an on and off headache. What do I get recommended? Paracetamol which I can’t take for the long term and to keep a headache diary.

Then I get recommended to steam my face with essentials oils. Not even medication or further scans.

So I don’t need someone telling me not to go in the internet because for the past 8 months that is what I am having to do because of this government!!!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Since October 2021 when I moved into student halls I started to have tummy aches on and off.

I suspected it was due to the food I would cook, but the tummy aches were on and off.

Around April/May 2021, I started to experience daily farts. Everytime I would let gas out my tummy would feel better and it would go empty / flat.

I would like to note that I would never get tummy aches or farts frequently at all! It was always a one off occasion.

I was in my room for days doing my dissertation. The only breaks I got was from eating and showering. Apart from that I would constantly sit down on my chair or sit up on my bed to work.

I remember cooking butter chicken and I sat down to eat. My tummy while eating and even after eating started to bubble and I could hear the gas.

Leading up to the day my tummy was getting better, I ordered a zinger burger which I couldn’t finish because my chest started to close in to the point I felt like I was going to throw up.

I suffered from acid reflux in 2015 so I know how my body reacts when I don’t eat and when I take gaviscon, but this time it was different.

I went from taking a poo every day to every other day, it would be constipated poo.

I was eating properly during this time such as: bananas, grapes, oranges, yoghurts, juices and meat.

But now my tummy after I am done eating makes anxiety noises which I would get when stressed. However I am not stressed because I have submitted my dissertation so much calmer.

I am taking kefir, Yakult and kombucha. Along with eating fruits and eating on time.

Acidity only happens when I go long periods without eating. However I am eating so I don’t know where the acid and gas is coming from.

Sorry to hear you are suffering have you managed to get an appointment with your gp . Your tummy may be upset with eating different foods are you having diarrhoea when you go to the toilet?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #2
Sorry to hear you are suffering have you managed to get an appointment with your gp . Your tummy may be upset with eating different foods are you having diarrhoea when you go to the toilet?

Hi, my tummy has gotten better now, it has been nearly a year since I posted this.

But yes I regularly still do get flatulence issues which hasn't sorted itself out.

When I would eat fruits and take yoghurt, it really helped my tummy and stool movements.

However, now because I sit a lot, I do get constipation and pain in my pelvis.
Reply 5
There are many reasons for gas and bulging including aerophagia, luminal obstructive cycles, sugar narrow mindedness conditions, little digestive bacterial excess, infections of stomach engine action, and practical inside issues including bad tempered entrail disorder
Original post by Anonymous #1

CANCER
Reply 7
Certain individuals have a swollen stomach for a significant stretch of time because of gastrointestinal parcel illness, including gastritis, gastric ulcer, gastrointestinal or colorectal disease, parasitic contamination, bad tempered entrail condition, digestive brokenness, and other framework issues like thyroid and diabetes

Quick Reply

Latest