The Student Room Group

clearing

so
if I want to go through clearing for biomedical sciences, lets say any uni, idk east London

the only requirements they have is UCAS points

does that mean they will accept 2 a levels and 3 as levels for the UCAS points, and if it adds up to their requirement they will take me?

thanks
Original post by Bigfishytime
so
if I want to go through clearing for biomedical sciences, lets say any uni, idk east London

the only requirements they have is UCAS points

does that mean they will accept 2 a levels and 3 as levels for the UCAS points, and if it adds up to their requirement they will take me?

thanks

It's unlikely that the only entry requirements for a Biomedical Sciences degree would be solely based on UCAS points. For example, the University of East London say here that they want:

"112 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification listed on the UCAS tariff calculator, including:
A Levels in at least two subjects including Grade B in Biology or Chemistry
..."

So you could theoretically meet their requirement with A*A* in Biology or Chemistry, plus one other subject. Or lower grades in two A levels (including Biology or Chemistry), plus AS levels in one or two other subjects.

Note that they also say:
"In addition to one of the above, you should have:
GCSE English Grade 4/C or Level 2 Functional Skills in English
GCSE Mathematics Grade 4/C or Level 2 Functional Skills in Mathematics."

Even if you meet their entry requirements, universities will not necessarily offer you a place via Clearing. For a start, they have to have spaces left in the course. Also, they might review your personal statement and/or reference to compare you with other Clearing applicants
Never ever wait until clearing to apply if you have the option to apply earlier in the year.

Use clearing as it’s designed - as a backup option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending