The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Official University of Manchester Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #8
I also applied for Law, my ucas was submitted on the 12th of december and i'm still waiting on a reply,

Makes sense why you are waiting then...the university also has a Christmas break which started 6 days after you applied. Now some universities keep on going with undergraduate admissions for a few more days (as in the case of Imperial who went on till the 22nd for undergraduate admissions) until they too closed up for Christmas.

Some people may have sent their application in earlier and so are hearing back a bit quicker but at the same time, they must have also had a good application that impressed the admissions tutors.

You have applied at quite a popular time for non-early applicants (approaching Christmas) so the admissions tutors will be overloaded with applications at this time. If you think you have shown good merit on your application in comparison to the others going for your course, then you should be in with a good shot.

I hope this isn't the case for you, but they may have seen your application and though it's good, it's not quite deemed to be good enough to belong in offer territory and so have put your application on hold until they can make a final decision after viewing all of the applications for that course.

Personally, I think it is the first reason I gave you. Not to worry, I'm sure you will hear back from them in Jan. Good luck!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hi i’ve got an offer for law AAB. i submitted my UCAS on 9th November and received my offer on the 24th (:

Is that what you applied with, because I'm going to apply with AAB but I'm worried it won't be enough for an offer (though I do qualify for contextual)
Original post by hsc_3301

Is that what you applied with, because I'm going to apply with AAB but I'm worried it won't be enough for an offer (though I do qualify for contextual)

No I applied with predicted grades of 2A*s and an A
Reply 43
No I applied with predicted grades of 2A*s and an A

Welp, i'm screwed. Might have to push for an A*AB
Original post by hsc_3301

Welp, i'm screwed. Might have to push for an A*AB

It might be something worth emailing and finding out just to double check
Its good to hear that you people have received an offer from UOM!
To get featured at instagram page of offer holders of 2024 intake in Manchester university managed by offer holders dm @uom_class.27 on Instagram!

You will be able to get connect with other offer holders a community of Manchester!
Reply 46
Original post by ahsaan._.11
To get featured at instagram page of offer holders of 2024 intake in Manchester university managed by offer holders dm @uom_class.27 on Instagram!

You will be able to get connect with other offer holders a community of Manchester!

done! Just sent it....
Original post by vnayak

done! Just sent it....

I have seen it!

All of you please dm @uom_class.27
Reply 49
It might be something worth emailing and finding out just to double check

I might try that, getting perilously close to the UCAS deadline though.
Reply 50
I got a offer for law on 14th November (I applied on 15th October). Not sure what the exact conversion since I'm an international student, but they are asking for a 90% aggregate (probably A*AA), with my predicted being 95+. Now I'm waiting on other decisions, preparing for exams, and stressing about finances.

Does anyone know if UoM law is a good idea for an international student who is probably going to take partial loans?
Reply 51
Original post by Navyg
I got a offer for law on 14th November (I applied on 15th October). Not sure what the exact conversion since I'm an international student, but they are asking for a 90% aggregate (probably A*AA), with my predicted being 95+. Now I'm waiting on other decisions, preparing for exams, and stressing about finances.

Does anyone know if UoM law is a good idea for an international student who is probably going to take partial loans?

UoM is a great law school, so it is worth it. What are your other options?
Reply 52
Original post by Bh.Sa9
UoM is a great law school, so it is worth it. What are your other options?

I've only gotten back 2 decisions as of yet, the other decision being a rejection. I would prefer the other 3 choices over Manchester, but since my LNAT wasn't great I'm highly unlikely to get into any of them.

And yeah UoM is definitely great and I really like it, that's why I applied. But with the UK law space already being oversaturated, my only doubt is whether I'll be able to get a job and pay back the loans, especially as I would be an international student.
Original post by Navyg

I've only gotten back 2 decisions as of yet, the other decision being a rejection. I would prefer the other 3 choices over Manchester, but since my LNAT wasn't great I'm highly unlikely to get into any of them.

And yeah UoM is definitely great and I really like it, that's why I applied. But with the UK law space already being oversaturated, my only doubt is whether I'll be able to get a job and pay back the loans, especially as I would be an international student.

If you have the potential you can surely succeed in this field!
I believe securing a job would be a struggle from start of the course where you will be required to join societies at uni and take part in moots where you will be able to build a network which would be very beneficial!
First and last purpose and centre of focus should remain studies to end up with a first class LLB 📜
University of Manchester is one of the top unis plus been a RG uni employers will target this uni and foremost the best graduates 🎓 from this best university!

Law is very competitive so you must be prepared to take your best in this field!
I have also applied for LLB at UoM and waiting for their decision, if they choose me I will definitely go here!
I believe its a best place to be (i have missed my LNAT) in a pool of non lnat unis
Reply 55
If you have the potential you can surely succeed in this field!
I believe securing a job would be a struggle from start of the course where you will be required to join societies at uni and take part in moots where you will be able to build a network which would be very beneficial!
First and last purpose and centre of focus should remain studies to end up with a first class LLB 📜
University of Manchester is one of the top unis plus been a RG uni employers will target this uni and foremost the best graduates 🎓 from this best university!

Law is very competitive so you must be prepared to take your best in this field!

Thank you for the advice. That's what I was thinking as well. I'll probably accept UoM's offer and I have till 23rd May to decide. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how I'll manage my finances by then.

Good luck to you for your anticipated offer!
Reply 56
any history applicants?
manchester seems very organised - they seem to be sending more update emails etc than my other choices.
i love the city, but im a bit worried about cost of living - why has everyone else applied here?
Kcl or Manchester I can’t pick omg
Original post by Anonymous #7
Kcl or Manchester I can’t pick omg

course??
Original post by Anonymous #3
course??

Nursing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending