The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Official University of Manchester Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by enya_lin_
did anyone gets an offer in Manchester management(marketing)?

yeah i have, but in international management (so basically the same thing)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Anonymous #14
I'm the same 🙂 Also picking between Manchester and kings for Nursing

Plzz lol I’m still stuck in deciding 🥲🥲🥲 lmk if you decide they’re both as good as each other but I still don’t know 💔💔
hi! I have an offer for neuroscience!
Original post by Anonymous #7
Plzz lol I’m still stuck in deciding 🥲🥲🥲 lmk if you decide they’re both as good as each other but I still don’t know 💔💔

I keep changing my mind every couple of days but i think i am leaning towards KCL as my firm and Manchester as my insurance (they are the same grades anyways) - but maybe the offer-holder day at Manchester will change my mind!! I honestly love both options and it's such a hard choice cos there's great things about both unis lol - hbu??

I keep changing my mind every couple of days but i think i am leaning towards KCL as my firm and Manchester as my insurance (they are the same grades anyways) - but maybe the offer-holder day at Manchester will change my mind!! I honestly love both options and it's such a hard choice cos there's great things about both unis lol - hbu??

I’m literally in the same boat ahaha

It's a very bad idea for your firm and insurance choices to have the same grades. The point of an insurance choice is that you have an option if you don't manage to get the grades you need for your firm. But in this case, if you miss the grades for one, then you miss the grades for both.
Original post by Flynn Gallichan
It's a very bad idea for your firm and insurance choices to have the same grades. The point of an insurance choice is that you have an option if you don't manage to get the grades you need for your firm. But in this case, if you miss the grades for one, then you miss the grades for both.

I understand, but KCL and Manchester are the two unis out of my five with the lowest offer requirements (BBC), as the rest require AAB or BBB. My predicted grades are higher, but it just so happens that I prefer Manchester and King's. Thank you anyways though!
I understand, but KCL and Manchester are the two unis out of my five with the lowest offer requirements (BBC), as the rest require AAB or BBB. My predicted grades are higher, but it just so happens that I prefer Manchester and King's. Thank you anyways though!

Oh fair enough then

Literally the same points as you and I’m thinking of doing the same choices for my firm and insurance ahaha I’m glad someone else is feeling the same as me 😩 it’s so tough cuz they’re both such good cities and unis ugh
Reply 89
Literally the same points as you and I’m thinking of doing the same choices for my firm and insurance ahaha I’m glad someone else is feeling the same as me 😩 it’s so tough cuz they’re both such good cities and unis ugh

Between the two, I would probably have gone for Manchester because barring this year, I've never heard of KCL, so it suggests that Manchester is more well known but I'm not too sure - I mean I might just be waffling. Manchester has good industry connections like KCL so the fact that it is in London doesn't really come with much of an advantage. you need to consider whether you are ok with living in London in comparison.

I'm in the same position as you with regards to deciding firm and insurance. I am firming Imperial but I am not too sure about who to insure between Edinburgh, Manchester and Durham. I will probably choose Edinburgh because of my course being a flagship course and the rep of Edinburgh for my course but Manchester is ver much in the mix while Durham is just there due to lower entry requirements and no other reason(I sorta regret applying there).
Original post by vnayak
Between the two, I would probably have gone for Manchester because barring this year, I've never heard of KCL, so it suggests that Manchester is more well known but I'm not too sure - I mean I might just be waffling. Manchester has good industry connections like KCL so the fact that it is in London doesn't really come with much of an advantage. you need to consider whether you are ok with living in London in comparison.

I'm in the same position as you with regards to deciding firm and insurance. I am firming Imperial but I am not too sure about who to insure between Edinburgh, Manchester and Durham. I will probably choose Edinburgh because of my course being a flagship course and the rep of Edinburgh for my course but Manchester is ver much in the mix while Durham is just there due to lower entry requirements and no other reason(I sorta regret applying there).

What r u applying for
Reply 91
What r u applying for

CompSci.

We are in this together now hahah, I hope they do an offer-holder day at Kings so it can help with my decision! Are you doing adult, child or mental health nursing? 🙂
We are in this together now hahah, I hope they do an offer-holder day at Kings so it can help with my decision! Are you doing adult, child or mental health nursing? 🙂

Hii sorry for the late reply but mhn wbu?
Hii sorry for the late reply but mhn wbu?

ah that's a shame - I'm doing adult nursing!
Reply 95
Anyone doing pharmacy foundation course at Manchester
?
Anyone got Physics offer yet? Applied in Nov '23 but still no news whereas my friends who applied for all other courses have been offered by Manchester already.
ah that's a shame - I'm doing adult nursing!

Damnn I was debating between adult and mhn but I felt mhn fit better with my goals and future career prospects but still I’m glad I’m not alone in struggling to pick between the two unis😭😭
Reply 98
Anyone got an offer for IBEF?
Original post by Anonymous #5
Anyone got Physics offer yet? Applied in Nov '23 but still no news whereas my friends who applied for all other courses have been offered by Manchester already.

Just rec'd offer for Physics!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending