Original post by mollyejc
I'm thinking yarncliffe or Froggatt but Howden or derwent if I can't get them

ooh I'm thinking yarncliffe or froggatt too, maybe, or perhaps Millstone
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
I'm thinking yarncliffe or Froggatt but Howden or derwent if I can't get them

Yarncliffe and froggat dont seem to stick around too long. My advice would be if you have some time where you don’t need to do a lot just sit there refreshing the page and checking if one appears. I know it sounds really annoying but it’s the way I managed to get one in froggat.
Original post by Izzy-06
Yarncliffe and froggat dont seem to stick around too long. My advice would be if you have some time where you don’t need to do a lot just sit there refreshing the page and checking if one appears. I know it sounds really annoying but it’s the way I managed to get one in froggat.

Good idea thank you!!
Good idea thank you!!

Also if you like the look of it just go for it because a) you can restart an application and b) if you are a bit of an over thinker (I am 😂) it means you don’t miss out through being indecisive.
Original post by Izzy-06
Also if you like the look of it just go for it because a) you can restart an application and b) if you are a bit of an over thinker (I am 😂) it means you don’t miss out through being indecisive.

which one did you go for?
Original post by someonedontask
which one did you go for?

I picked a room in froggatt
Unless you are really set on one particular place for accommodation or have specific needs, I would recommend you just apply for whatever is on there when you look. Most of the blocks in Endcliffe are really similar, and there will be a mix of students across all areas so it wont make a big difference. Equally, there is no rush because they will continue releasing more places. Things will change a little after results day and clearing too, as not everyone will take up their places.
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)
help guys, I don't know what to choose between city accommodation or ranmoor and endcliffe. that's if there is any city available as I am yet to apply for accommodation.
Hi how often do people take the bus from endcliffe to the university and how crowded are the buses in the morning
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Unless you are really set on one particular place for accommodation or have specific needs, I would recommend you just apply for whatever is on there when you look. Most of the blocks in Endcliffe are really similar, and there will be a mix of students across all areas so it wont make a big difference. Equally, there is no rush because they will continue releasing more places. Things will change a little after results day and clearing too, as not everyone will take up their places.
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)

Can you select your accommodation then change your mind in a few weeks and book some where else ? Thanks
Original post by Anonymous #15
Hi how often do people take the bus from endcliffe to the university and how crowded are the buses in the morning

Hi,
It really depends on the time of day as some buses will be busier than others. However, I always found it to be okay and it is quite a regular bus route, so if it is too busy you could always get on the next bus. I found I took the bus far less than I thought I would when I was staying at Endcliffe. The walk isn't too bad and you definitely get used to it!
Hope this helped,
Sofia (3rd Year Biochemistry Student)
does anyone know the colour of the statement wall in froggatt E?
To any of the Sheffield reps why did you pick endcliffe instead of the city accommodation (vice versa )
Original post by Anonymous #18
Can you select your accommodation then change your mind in a few weeks and book some where else ? Thanks

You can but you will loose your original room and might not be able to get a better room
Any reps lived in Allen Court ? Which is best Brighmore or Latimore? Is one for post grads ?
Thanks
Original post by Anonymous #15
To any of the Sheffield reps why did you pick endcliffe instead of the city accommodation (vice versa )

Hey!

I chose to live in Endcliffe (Rivelin to be more specific) because I was interested in being in a more social location and knew that a vast majority of students choose Endcliffe. Before I did any further research, Endcliffe was also the slightly cheaper option, which additionally motivated me to choose it over the City accommodation. My experience may differ from others, but all of my friends from Uni in first year also lived in Endcliffe which made seeing them much more convenient 🙂. I can't speak on behalf of City accommodation as I haven't stayed there myself, but I have heard people describe it as quieter and much less social than Endcliffe.

Ellie (3rd year English Language and Linguistics student)
Original post by Anonymous #18

Hi!

There is an option to change your application once it has been made and then submit an application for a different room or block, but this does run the risk of someone choosing the original room you chose (if you the decided to change your mind and go back to your original choice). The accommodation is released in waves so there will always be rooms available as time goes by, and unless you opt for a specific room type (e.g. deluxe room with a double bed) then all of the rooms and flats are pretty much identical other than differing statement wall colours.

I hope this helps!

Ellie (3rd year English Language and Linguistics student)
does anyone know when they release new accommodation on the booking website?

12 noon, however its not everyday its only when the previous batch of accommodations fill up i believe
Reply 218
I have an offer for a place for adult nursing, I can’t seem to see anyone else that is studying that course. And are there any other mature students who have for a place? S
Hi, what have people written in their accomm profiles

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending