The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Official University of Sheffield Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Izzy-06
Hi, I’m taking A level Maths, Further maths, Physics and Computer Science. My offer from Sheffield is for the Bsc Computer Science with grades AAA or AABB.

Well done I'm doing data science which might be similar to computer science. We might meet together
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 21
Original post by Castrovalva
Hi all! I've been holding an ABB offer for Linguistics and Spanish for (I think lol) almost a month now!

That's cool! I like languages as well (I am applying data science tho)
Reply 22
Original post by KAMON YO

Well done I'm doing data science which might be similar to computer science. We might meet together

Possibly! I know they mention that different subjects end up working together which is really good. Do you plan on putting Sheffield as your firm?
Reply 23
Original post by violetsux
hi everyone! i'm a postgrad student who was offered a place in MSc Information Management 🙂 would love to get to know anyone else in this subject!!

Congrats!
Reply 24
Original post by Izzy-06
Possibly! I know they mention that different subjects end up working together which is really good. Do you plan on putting Sheffield as your firm?

I probably want to put it as my insurance (sorry) I like leeds as well
Reply 25

I probably want to put it as my insurance (sorry) I like leeds as well

I’m not a hundred percent sure what I’m going to do anyway 😂 I’ve also applied to Leeds but with CS they wait until the deadline for offers. I think it’s going to be between Leeds, Sheffield and Nottingham for me.
Reply 26
Original post by Izzy-06
I’m not a hundred percent sure what I’m going to do anyway 😂 I’ve also applied to Leeds but with CS they wait until the deadline for offers. I think it’s going to be between Leeds, Sheffield and Nottingham for me.

You are also applying to Leeds! Cool

I did get the reduced offer from the university! They gave me ABB + EPQ A reduced offer and I'm so happy!

Oh that's great well done I bet thats gonna put a lot less stress on you for a levels
Hi,

Congratulations to everyone who has received an offer, and good luck to anyone still waiting.

I am currently in my third year at the University of Sheffield studying BSc Mathematics and Philosophy.

I have really enjoyed my first two and a half years here and am very happy I chose to study here.

If anyone has any questions about the University or the city, or just anything they would like to know more about, please feel free to ask.

Lizzie
Reply 29
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hi,

Congratulations to everyone who has received an offer, and good luck to anyone still waiting.

I am currently in my third year at the University of Sheffield studying BSc Mathematics and Philosophy.

I have really enjoyed my first two and a half years here and am very happy I chose to study here.

If anyone has any questions about the University or the city, or just anything they would like to know more about, please feel free to ask.

Lizzie

Hi would you say that sheffield is an urban city?
Has anyone received an offer for Economics? If so what were are your predicted grades?
Hi would you say that sheffield is an urban city?

Hi!

I have lived in Sheffield for the past 2 and a half years, and I would consider Sheffield to be Urban. The city centre itself is busy and established, and the transport links and availability of services and shops are great. In my opinion, Sheffield is the perfect mixture of "big city vibes' and the more outdoorsy side; you can get to the Peak district in as little as 30 minutes, but it most certainly does not feel like a small, quiet town. Sheffield is known as the "Steel City" by many people due to its lengthy history within the steel industry. A former industrial quarter of Sheffield, Kelham Island, has undergone an incredible transformation over the past decade, and is now growing rapidly into a hub of craft breweries, vintage markets, a night time street food festival, and many cool, trendy bars with unique features.

There are also areas just outside of the city centre itself that have been dominated by students, in the housing sense. You'll find that when looking for a second or third year house, most students all end up in the same areas which is a short walk away from the University. The University itself is a 'city campus' as the buildings are all centred in the same area of the city, whilst only being a 10-15 minute walk from the busy hub of the city centre. West Street is also a pretty focal area for students; it has been nicknamed the "student street" of Sheffield due to the lengthy amount of bars, restaurants, pubs and places to eat that line both sides of the road, and West street is only a stones throw from most of the main University buildings on campus; it takes me under 2 minutes to get to the middle of West Street if I am walking from the Diamond building.

I hope this helps! If you think of any more questions regarding the city, ask away!

-Ellie (3rd year English Language and Linguistics student)
Original post by Castrovalva
Hi all! I've been holding an ABB offer for Linguistics and Spanish for (I think lol) almost a month now!

Hello!

Congratulations on your offer! That sounds amazing and well done! I am a 3rd year English Language and Linguistics student here at the University of Sheffield, and the Linguistics department here is brilliant. If you have any questions surrounding the course itself (for example module information, or just general queries about the structure of the course) then please do ask away.

I am more than happy to share my experience of being a linguistics student, and am very familiar with the support available too. Good luck on your future studies!

-Ellie (3rd year English Language and Linguistics student)
Original post by Izzy-06
Hi, I’m taking A level Maths, Further maths, Physics and Computer Science. My offer from Sheffield is for the Bsc Computer Science with grades AAA or AABB.

Congrats what were your preds? Also if you manage to get AAA in your a levels can you get anything in your 4th subjects
Reply 34
Original post by amazed-shave

Congrats what were your preds? Also if you manage to get AAA in your a levels can you get anything in your 4th subjects

I’m predicted A*AAA. From what I understand yes I could get an E or something in one as long as I had AAA including Cs and Maths. The alternative conditions of AABB are just because I do a 4th a level in Further maths but as long as I meet one of the two it’s fine.
hi! I just got my offer today for Sheffield to study History, with AAB or ABB and B in EPQ, both with A in History, and I'm studying History, Biology and Chemistry, plus an epq. I'm gonna wait to hear back from the rest of the unis first (this is my second offer, so still got 3 to go) but I reckon Sheffield will be my firm. I really love it's pastoral support, but my main issue is the distance, as I'm pretty sheltered and it's not exactly near enough to pop home to do my laundry lol, as I'm from the south west
Original post by someonedontask
hi! I just got my offer today for Sheffield to study History, with AAB or ABB and B in EPQ, both with A in History, and I'm studying History, Biology and Chemistry, plus an epq. I'm gonna wait to hear back from the rest of the unis first (this is my second offer, so still got 3 to go) but I reckon Sheffield will be my firm. I really love it's pastoral support, but my main issue is the distance, as I'm pretty sheltered and it's not exactly near enough to pop home to do my laundry lol, as I'm from the south west

Hi!! Congratulations on your offer! That's amazing!
I understand the distance thing, I am from the South East and I thought Sheffield might be too far to go. I found that it was easy to pick up everything though because most of the other students were in the same position and everyone helped each other out. It is definitely a good idea to wait until you hear back from all of the universities though.
If you want to ask any questions, feel free so send a message!
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)
Reply 37
Original post by Izzy-06

doing the same a levels and got an offer for the mcomp course a couple days ago, how long did it take for you to get the offer holder site invite?
Reply 38
Original post by cbeeb

doing the same a levels and got an offer for the mcomp course a couple days ago, how long did it take for you to get the offer holder site invite?

It was about two days
hello, im erin. im currently doing a level history politics and French and received an offer today for BA Politics and modern languages with ABB or BBB + B in EPQ

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending