The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Official University of Sheffield Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erin11
hello, im erin. im currently doing a level history politics and French and received an offer today for BA Politics and modern languages with ABB or BBB + B in EPQ

Congratulations on your offer!
If you have any questions about Sheffield University feel free to message or reply!
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Hi guys,,, 🙂 i received an offer from the uni of Sheffield for the biomedical science course, I am currently studying Btec applied science extended dip and i am predicted to achieve D*D*D by the end of the year, is there anyone else applying to the same course?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by deukaefield
Hi guys,,, 🙂 i received an offer from the uni of Sheffield for the biomedical science course, I am currently studying Btec applied science extended dip and i am predicted to achieve D*D*D by the end of the year, is there anyone else applying to the same course?

Hi deukaefield,
Congratulations on your offer! I am a 3rd Year student also part of the School of Biosciences. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have!
Sofia (3rd Year Biochemistry)
Heyy I’m taking Sociology, Media and Spanish A-levels (predicted A*AA) and i got offered a contextual offer for the MPlan Urban Studies and Planning degree (it’s 4years long and you get a master degree at the end). originally they ask for ABB but they reduced it to BBB which i’m rlly happy abt as i don’t have to stress anymore for my alevels.
Reply 44
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hi deukaefield,
Congratulations on your offer! I am a 3rd Year student also part of the School of Biosciences. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have!

Hey hi... I'm an incoming student at University of Sheffield for masters in data analytics... I've some doubts regarding accommodation and student life like that...can we connect?
Reply 45
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten a offer from University of Sheffield for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!! :smile:

I got an admit for masters in data analytics
Original post by Niranjans
Hey hi... I'm an incoming student at University of Sheffield for masters in data analytics... I've some doubts regarding accommodation and student life like that...can we connect?

Hi Niranjans,

I am Jivanthika, a 2nd year computer science student from the university so I can try and answer some of your questions if you want to reply to this quote :smile:

In general regarding accommodation, you can find suitable living options using this link
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/accommodation/prospective

In terms of student life, I really enjoy the aspect that the university is a city campus so it is easy to explore and get into the city if you need anything!

Let me know if you have any more questions,
Jivanthika
Got an offer today for mechatronics and robotics engineering!!
Reply 48
Original post by LaurynGold
Got an offer today for mechatronics and robotics engineering!!

Congrats!!!
Congrats!!!

Thank you!!!
Reply 50
Thank you!!!

Can you DM me
Reply 51

Hi Niranjans,

I am Jivanthika, a 2nd year computer science student from the university so I can try and answer some of your questions if you want to reply to this quote :smile:

In general regarding accommodation, you can find suitable living options using this link
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/accommodation/prospective

In terms of student life, I really enjoy the aspect that the university is a city campus so it is easy to explore and get into the city if you need anything!

Let me know if you have any more questions,
Jivanthika

Hi, I’ve got an offer for computer science. I just wanted to know what you enjoy most about Sheffield’s CS course and why you picked it over other unis?
Original post by deukaefield

Me too and I got DDD for applied science!!

Hi deukaefield,

Hi, what are the rankings of the courses at biosciences ?
I couldn't be able private message in this platform. I don't know why. Can you ping on Instagram?? @.s_n_k

I don't have Instagram unfortunately
Reply 55
I don't have Instagram unfortunately

Any other social media?
Any other social media?

Unfortunately not
I've got an offer for aerospace engineering for 2024 entry. Anyone else?
Original post by Anonymous #3
Hi, what are the rankings of the courses at biosciences ?

Hi,
Our School of Biosciences has been recognised as a great department that produces high quality research. In the Research Excellence Framework 2021, 98% of research and impact from the School of Biosciences has been classed as world-leading or internationally excellent. As per the Research Excellence Framework 2021, this makes Biosciences top 5 in the UK for quality of research.
Hope this helps,
Congrats everyone 🙂
I got a Computer Systems Engineering with placement MEng offer a few days ago.
100% gonna firm shef so would love to get to know other CSE/mechatronics offer holders- feel free to reach out.
Have a great day/night

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending