The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Official University of Sheffield Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Anonymous #2
Heyy I’m taking Sociology, Media and Spanish A-levels (predicted A*AA) and i got offered a contextual offer for the MPlan Urban Studies and Planning degree (it’s 4years long and you get a master degree at the end). originally they ask for ABB but they reduced it to BBB which i’m rlly happy abt as i don’t have to stress anymore for my alevels.

Hi! I’m also urban studies and planning mplan. You’re the first other person i’ve seen on here doing our course, happy to meet you!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Hi can anybody please confirm the march and April offer day dates please.
Haven’t got an offer yet but don’t want to miss it if i do, and am planning a trip.

Thanks.
Original post by Liamh5678
Hi, is there anybody else who has been given an offer in History from Sheffield?

Hey I've got an offer for history and politics :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by Anonymous #7
Haven’t got an offer yet but don’t want to miss it if i do, and am planning a trip.

Thanks.

AtAn interview they told me 23/03 or 13/04
Original post by velocity2405
I've got an offer for aerospace engineering for 2024 entry. Anyone else?

Yes, I have a deferred entry for aerospace. Are you thinking of firming Sheffield?

Thanks.

Last year they held the offer holder day on the 15th April. Hope that helps.
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hi!! I have an offer for Biology BSc of AAB and I am probably going to make Sheffield my firm choice

Hi,
Congratulations on your offer! I am currently a 3rd Year Biochemistry student within the School of Biosciences. Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions you may have :smile:
Sofia
Reply 87
Original post by Liamh5678
Hi, is there anybody else who has been given an offer in History from Sheffield?

i’ve had a history offer, feels like history students are less common on here idk
Original post by curiousgeorge12
Me too and I got DDD for applied science!!

are you already in uni or is that your predicted grade, if so could you tell me how to get distinctions in my assingments
Original post by deukaefield

are you already in uni or is that your predicted grade, if so could you tell me how to get distinctions in my assingments

That’s my achieved grades. I got distinctions in my assignments and exams- with the assignments I used the textbooks and asked for more feedback on how to get distinctions. Basically I rinsed my teachers
i got an offer to study international business management about 4 weeks ago now :smile:
typical course offer: AAB
offer: ABB
predicted: AAA (i got an A in core maths leading to my reduced offer)
dates for offer holder days have been emailed out!! what day are people thinking of going?
Reply 92

Thanks.

Saturday 17th February 2024

Saturday 2nd March 2024

Saturday 23rd March 2024

Saturday 13th April 2024

Although some subjects might not run on every date!
Reply 93
Original post by erin11
dates for offer holder days have been emailed out!! what day are people thinking of going?

I’m probably going to the February one!!!
I got an offer to study physics integrated masters today for AAA
Hi!
Congratulations to everyone who has got offers already!
If anyone has any questions about the offer holder days, feel free to ask and we will do our best to answer! I would really recommend going to the offer holder days as they are a great opportunity to meet people and chat to students and lecturers on the course.
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)
Has anyone had any offers for journalism studies yet?
Reply 97
Original post by nittygitty
Congrats everyone 🙂
I got a Computer Systems Engineering with placement MEng offer a few days ago.
100% gonna firm shef so would love to get to know other CSE/mechatronics offer holders- feel free to reach out.
Have a great day/night

Hi! I got an offer to study CSE BEng - I also got a CS offer but am probably going to choose CSE
Original post by Adorabee1
Hi everyone!! I’m a 2024 offer holder for Uni of Sheffield studying Urban Studies and Planning Mplan. I’ve already gotten my grades (got ABB in politics, history and eng lang) (in that order)). I’m currently doing a gap year!! Excited to get to know other students in my year / on my course :smile:

omgg heyy i also got an offer to do this exact course! I feel like it’s a very niche field to enter so it’s refreshing to see somebody else who’s also gonna be studying the MPlan too
Reply 99
Original post by Anonymous #2

omgg heyy i also got an offer to do this exact course! I feel like it’s a very niche field to enter so it’s refreshing to see somebody else who’s also gonna be studying the MPlan too

Hiii! I agree it’s pretty niche. When people ask what i’m studying I usually just say it’s similar to architecture/geography. I haven’t even seen many other people on here who’ve applied for our course. It’s good to hear there’ll be at least 2 people in our lecture hall ! 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending