The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official University of Nottingham Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

I have an offer for BSc Psychology and am currently taking biology maths and psychology alevels :biggrin:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by thrivingfrog
I have an offer for BSc Psychology and am currently taking biology maths and psychology alevels :biggrin:

We might have overlapping lectures/seminars then!! (I have an offer for BSc Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience)
Reply 22
Original post by rowan_willow
Hey!! I just got an offer for Politics with International Relations, grades AAB! Is anyone else in social sciences?

heyy congrats!! i've got an offer for ppe grades A*AA :smile:)
Just got an offer for Computer science with AI international Yr
I got an email saying that they have my application but due to the number of applications for my course (law) it is taking longer than usual is that a good sign since I haven't been rejected or anything?
Original post by elliexmae.x
I got an email saying that they have my application but due to the number of applications for my course (law) it is taking longer than usual is that a good sign since I haven't been rejected or anything?

It probably means just what it says on the tin! it is nearing the application deadline so I imagine there have been an influx of applications. It isn't a rejection they just want to be clear about what is going on :smile:
Reply 26
Has anyone visited the self catered accommodation around jubilee campus? I have an offer for the Bsc Computer Science and I have a slight concern about whether it could be quite isolating as most people are catered and I wouldn’t be near the main campus.
Reply 27
Ive received an offer for Computer science with Artificial Intelligence (DDD). However, they've given an offer with the wrong qualification 💀. I've emailed them and hopefully they'll fix it soon
Reply 28
Original post by Izzy-06
Has anyone visited the self catered accommodation around jubilee campus? I have an offer for the Bsc Computer Science and I have a slight concern about whether it could be quite isolating as most people are catered and I wouldn’t be near the main campus.

I think the self-catered accommodation will have shared kitchen areas, so I don’t think you’ll be isolated in that sense. And from what I’ve seen on websites there’s shared common rooms in each accommodation, so…
Original post by mesamoj21
heyy congrats!! i've got an offer for ppe grades A*AA :smile:)

Oh exciting! Where else have you applied?
Original post by rowan_willow
Hey!! I just got an offer for Politics with International Relations, grades AAB! Is anyone else in social sciences?

same but politics and economics
Original post by loism1ntahx
same but politics and economics

Congrats! Is nottingham your top choice?
Hi guys!
I've got an offer from Nottingham for Liberal Arts! Predicted A*AA but I have an offer for AAB with A in EPQ. Looking forward to offer-holder days and looking around the campus. I applied for Notts as a 'looks good, but probably not either of my firm/insurance' but in the past few days, Nottingham has been looking like it might end up being number 1! I've always liked Nottingham as a city, I'm from the East Mids so relatively local, so we shall see what I end up going for.
Original post by Izzy-06

The main self-catered ones st peters court & raleigh park are decent- offering a fairly typical halls experience (of course every block/experience is unique and there is an element of luck and depends on how the group of personalities join).

They are pretty normal halls, located nearby but not directly on jubilee. They are about 5 mins from Jubilee or 30 mins walk to east side of uni park. They are good options. I generally would recommend the catered halls for first year followed by living in a student house. But spc/raleigh are good if you want self-catered.

Id probably avoid Nottingham two & the really expensive ones, they are just silly money way above market rate & often have a higher percentage of wealthier international students. Generally i think a lot of people find these are not as great atmosphere wise.
Reply 34
hii everyone i just got my offer from UoN for ancient history and history yesterday has anyone else applied for that course lool cause why do i feel like no one is doing ancient history &history. also when did people get emailed about the offer holder day bookings cause i got my offer but still havent got that email x
Hii!! I got my offer last week for Vet Med & Surgery with a Preliminary Year! Anyone else?
Original post by inaaraa
hii everyone i just got my offer from UoN for ancient history and history yesterday has anyone else applied for that course lool cause why do i feel like no one is doing ancient history &history. also when did people get emailed about the offer holder day bookings cause i got my offer but still havent got that email x

that's what i'm applying for!! do you have snap? xx
Last week I got an offer for modern languages, german and chinese 🙂 is anyone else doing languages?
Reply 38
Original post by Izzy-06
Hi, I’m taking A level Maths, Further maths, Physics and Computer Science. My offer from Nottingham is for the Bsc Computer Science with the grades AAA.

im in y11 rn and im thinking of taking the subjects you are for a level and i wanted to askk, hows further maths? im aware that its really difficult, but since im looking to do computer science in uni, is it helpful and how are you managing the work load?
Reply 39
Original post by milktee

im in y11 rn and im thinking of taking the subjects you are for a level and i wanted to askk, hows further maths? im aware that its really difficult, but since im looking to do computer science in uni, is it helpful and how are you managing the work load?

Personally, I enjoy the challenge of further maths and how its improving my overall mathematical ability. I believe this has helped my maths grades and my school does the further decision module in the edexcel course which overlaps very well with computer science. Taking Maths and physics together also obviously supports each other very well. I think there’s enough of an overlap that it can be done providing you’re enthusiastic about all of these subjects. I would only recommend the combination if you are getting high grades otherwise it may just be a push too far. Hope this helps, feel free to send me a message!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending