The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Official KCL Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

hello everyone, i have gotten an offer to study BA english language & linguistics :smile:! anyone else doing a similar degree?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 41
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten a offer from King's College London for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!! :smile:

got an english lang + linguistics offer!
Reply 42
hello everyone, i have gotten an offer to study BA english language & linguistics :smile:! anyone else doing a similar degree?

I also got an offer for this course!!
Original post by emzy16
I also got an offer for this course!!

omg yayyyyyyyy finally another person! what other unis did you apply to? (can we talk about linguistics and stuff through private message if u dont mind?) @emzy16
Reply 44
Got my offer back for comparative literature today, I was predicted all A*s but only have to get ABC to get in, so i’m pretty happy haha. It’ll feel like a miracle if i finally find someone who’s applied for the same course!
Reply 45
got an offer for history + political economy on the 14th! anyone else applied for this course?
(edited 4 months ago)
Has anyone got a offer for accounting and finance yet ?
Has anyone got a law offer yet?
I have a question! The Reddit spreadsheet has someone who applied for the same course as me at the same university, also from the same international country as me, but has a lot higher qualifications. They got an unconditional offer. Is there any chance I can still get an offer there too, (I meet the entry requirements) or am I toast 😭
Reply 49
Original post by Anonymous #8
I have a question! The Reddit spreadsheet has someone who applied for the same course as me at the same university, also from the same international country as me, but has a lot higher qualifications. They got an unconditional offer. Is there any chance I can still get an offer there too, (I meet the entry requirements) or am I toast 😭

if you meet the grade requirements and you’re overall application is good then you have just the same chance as anyone else. Kings is not extremely picky with grades so as long you’re comfortably above the predicted ur good. If the course is competitive, like law ,then you may have a slimmer chance, simply because of how many people will apply. Nonetheless good luck, you will do amazing with or without this offer!!
Original post by Aaa112

if you meet the grade requirements and you’re overall application is good then you have just the same chance as anyone else. Kings is not extremely picky with grades so as long you’re comfortably above the predicted ur good. If the course is competitive, like law ,then you may have a slimmer chance, simply because of how many people will apply. Nonetheless good luck, you will do amazing with or without this offer!!

Thank you so much! My dream school is KCL so I really hope I get in. I am applying for History and International Relations, do you know if that is competitive at all?
Original post by Anonymous683
Has anyone got a comp sci offer

yea i got one a couple days ago
Reply 52
omg yayyyyyyyy finally another person! what other unis did you apply to? (can we talk about linguistics and stuff through private message if u dont mind?) @emzy16

Yes ofc!! I applied to Cardiff, Kings, Birmingham, Exeter (for communications) and UCL! I've got offers from all of them other than UCL, hopefully they come back soon!
Original post by Anonymous #9
yea i got one a couple days ago

what are your stats?
Original post by Anonymous #10
what are your stats?

I got AAA contextual offer
Reply 55
what are your stats?

Anyone got an offer from KCL for natural sciences yet ?
Original post by Anonymous #9
I got AAA contextual offer

I mean what grades did you apply with, congrats on the offer btw
Reply 57
Original post by Anonymous #8
Thank you so much! My dream school is KCL so I really hope I get in. I am applying for History and International Relations, do you know if that is competitive at all?

The combined honours itself isn’t too competitive, and I already got an offer for a history joint degree so they are in the process of responding I’m assuming? What were you predicted in comparison to the requirements, and did u talk ab both history and ir related topics?
I mean what grades did you apply with, congrats on the offer btw

Thanks, I applied with A*AA
Original post by Aaa112

The combined honours itself isn’t too competitive, and I already got an offer for a history joint degree so they are in the process of responding I’m assuming? What were you predicted in comparison to the requirements, and did u talk ab both history and ir related topics?

I’m from America so I don’t have predicted grades, but on the King’s website it says the test scores I have currently are equivalent to A*A*A and the entry requirement for the course is A*AA. I wrote about both History and IR (they kind of mix together) in my statement, and some of my qualifications are in history!

Quick Reply

Latest