The Student Room Group

When do you apply for SFE?

Hey guys, when do you apply for student finance and also when is the dealine normally for 2024?

This is because I am waiting on for my british passport for british nationality and should be able to get home fees.

Ideally I'd like to apply for SFE during march time as this is when I should be getting it. Any help appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
SFE doesn’t usually open until feb March time anyway so you can’t apply before that. But just to make sure you are aware, having a British passport/nationality is not what entitles you to home fees… it’s about where you live/ lived previously. There’s no deadline theoretically but the deadline for them to guarantee you fees is normally around June time x
Reply 2
Original post by ALEreapp
SFE doesn’t usually open until feb March time anyway so you can’t apply before that. But just to make sure you are aware, having a British passport/nationality is not what entitles you to home fees… it’s about where you live/ lived previously. There’s no deadline theoretically but the deadline for them to guarantee you fees is normally around June time x

Hi I lived here all my life and have been born here never lived outside of the UK. Will I be fine?
Reply 3
Original post by Clivierx
Hi I lived here all my life and have been born here never lived outside of the UK. Will I be fine?

Yeah you’ll be absolutely fine with or without the British citizenship x
Reply 4
Original post by ALEreapp
Yeah you’ll be absolutely fine with or without the British citizenship x

thanks!!
Hey guys, when do you apply for student finance and also when is the dealine normally for 2024?

This is because I am waiting on for my british passport for british nationality and should be able to get home fees.

Ideally I'd like to apply for SFE during march time as this is when I should be getting it. Any help appreciated :smile:

Hi,

Student Finance England applications usually open around March time, so there is no need to worry about missing the deadline. I applied for my student finance in April time before I began university and had no issues at all.

I hope this is of some reassurance!

Mary
London South Bank University Student Rep (3rd-year Children's Nursing)
I applied in August and only just had it approved 2 days ago. There was some delay as I needed to send some more paperwork to SFE.
Reply 7
Original post by hyginusoiwuh
I applied in August and only just had it approved 2 days ago. There was some delay as I needed to send some more paperwork to SFE.

Isn't that bad though because uni would have already started and you havn't received any funding?
Uni will allow you to start whilst awaiting funding. That’s what happened to me.
Isn't that bad though because uni would have already started and you havn't received any funding?

It's not the best idea. Apply in Spring so that your funding is in place when you start uni. :smile:
It’s always better to apply on time, I could not apply earlier because I was waiting for my residency application to come through and I applied the same day that I received it. The best thing to do is to apply as soon as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending