The Student Room Group

Psychology Conversion programmes - how does it work?

Hi, I'm thinking of studying a psychology conversion masters. I think I want it to be in person rather than online. If you are doing this course in person - how many people are you studying with? what are they like? Are you always taught with the BSc students too? Is it full on from the start or do you get a bit of time to get into the swing of things (I'm returning to studies). Can I continue with a part time job or is it too busy a schedule?
Original post by itsmyjob
Hi, I'm thinking of studying a psychology conversion masters. I think I want it to be in person rather than online. If you are doing this course in person - how many people are you studying with? what are they like? Are you always taught with the BSc students too? Is it full on from the start or do you get a bit of time to get into the swing of things (I'm returning to studies). Can I continue with a part time job or is it too busy a schedule?

Hi there! I'm a psychology undergrad student in my placement year and I don't think I can answer all your questions but I can answer some!

I unfortunately don't know how many students are usually accepted into the course, but I suggest maybe attending a postgraduate open day to ask these questions! There's also the option of asking the staff in the universities you're interested in, there's usually a contact us option.

A conversion course is basically a quick, high speed version of the undergraduate psychology degree. You don't share lectures or study with the undergraduates, at least in Cardiff. In fact, the undergraduates are usually the ones taking part as participants in your study for your dissertation!

You do a 12 week placement at the conversion course in Cardiff as well. The nature placements are similar to the placement year in the undergraduate, so they can be from clinical stuff to research internships.

I hope that's helped, let me know if you had any other questions!

~ Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest