The Student Room Group

Welcome week

Will I get any welcome week? As I will be coming as IY1. Every one of my friends in their university had a welcome week. But as I will be coming in the middle will I get any
Original post by Sadia Hossain
Will I get any welcome week? As I will be coming as IY1. Every one of my friends in their university had a welcome week. But as I will be coming in the middle will I get any

Hi there,

As it's a structured IY1 programme, I would assume that there would be an introductory week where you get to know people etc. However, I would advise you to contact the university for information on how this will all work.

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Original post by Sadia Hossain

Hey there @Sadia Hossain !

Some universities have what's called a 'refreshers week' which is the first week of second semester in January. They don't go as all out for it as they do for freshers week but there's still chances to meet people, go out and even join a society. Have a look on your university's website to find out what they're offering and what events are on closer to the time!

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
Reply 3
Original post by hallamstudents
Hey there @Sadia Hossain !

Some universities have what's called a 'refreshers week' which is the first week of second semester in January. They don't go as all out for it as they do for freshers week but there's still chances to meet people, go out and even join a society. Have a look on your university's website to find out what they're offering and what events are on closer to the time!

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Thanks, for the information. It was helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending