The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Timetable

Hi all, I am looking to study data analytics, previously called computing for business at de Montfort but the train cost is £35 a day return. Does anyone know how many days I would be expected to be in uni as I need to work out my costs.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Imaank
Hi all, I am looking to study data analytics, previously called computing for business at de Montfort but the train cost is £35 a day return. Does anyone know how many days I would be expected to be in uni as I need to work out my costs.

Hi there @Imaank - I hope you're doing well!:cool:

I would first off say that investing in a Railcard (usually around £30 for the year) would be a great option for yourself if you are commuting via train to campus a few times a week! This may also mean that if you choose to come onto campus outside of your explicit teaching days then you have some flexibility and it is not as expensive:train:

For our Data Analytics MSc you will normally attend around 12 hours of timetabled taught sessions each week, and can expect to undertake around 24 further hours of self-directed independent study and research per week. These teaching hours on-campus may be spaced over a 2-3 days across the week, and these days will vary, depending on the modules and where resources are allocated once all students have been enrolled and timetables released for the year/semester/module.

I know this is not a solid answer of the exact days during each teaching week you will be required on-campus. Please be reassured, however, that as we are approaching Welcome Weekend and Welcome Week (at the end of September) that your specific Timetable information should be sent to you by your faculty by the 2nd of October when teaching begins on campus:elefant:

I hope this helps and we look forward to welcoming you here with us at DMU!

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by De Montfort University
Hi there @Imaank - I hope you're doing well!:cool:

I would first off say that investing in a Railcard (usually around £30 for the year) would be a great option for yourself if you are commuting via train to campus a few times a week! This may also mean that if you choose to come onto campus outside of your explicit teaching days then you have some flexibility and it is not as expensive:train:

For our Data Analytics MSc you will normally attend around 12 hours of timetabled taught sessions each week, and can expect to undertake around 24 further hours of self-directed independent study and research per week. These teaching hours on-campus may be spaced over a 2-3 days across the week, and these days will vary, depending on the modules and where resources are allocated once all students have been enrolled and timetables released for the year/semester/module.

I know this is not a solid answer of the exact days during each teaching week you will be required on-campus. Please be reassured, however, that as we are approaching Welcome Weekend and Welcome Week (at the end of September) that your specific Timetable information should be sent to you by your faculty by the 2nd of October when teaching begins on campus:elefant:

I hope this helps and we look forward to welcoming you here with us at DMU!

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.

Hi Rose and many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately £35 is the discounted price with a railcard otherwise it’s around £50. However if I am required to attend 3 days a week then it would be affordable. Many thanks for your reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending