The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Re: finding people before going to uni

Original post by beefreya
i have a place at uea for 2024 start, and i was wondering if anybody had any groupchats, or know any people going, i dont wanna know noone when i go lmao.
or if anyone has any tips on finding ppl before

Hi there,

Congratulations on your place at UEA - this is really exiting! It’s brilliant that you're already looking to find friends! One very good place to meet new people is during welcome week. Welcome week usually takes place one week before the term starts and it's a fantastic chance for you to meet new people, get to know the campus, and really start feeling at home before the semester kicks off.

While it's a bit too early to access the full programme, some of the planned activities include the "Make Your Halls Your Home" craftathon and the "Getting to know UEA" sessions. It's generally a great way to break the ice and make some friends while settling at UEA. A whole host of events will be running during that week so keep an eye out on social media channels and the UEA SU website.

If you're on Facebook, I'd also suggest joining the Official UEA Welcome Group that is run by UEA(su) where people will likely be discussing events as the programme is announced!

If you have any questions about UEA or just being a student in Norwich then please do get in touch with me.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon!

Best,
Daniel
PhD in Biology
Hi @beefreya
I would also say that when you get to uni there are sooo many opportunities to meet people :smile:
This would also be in terms of all the clubs and societies you can try out, especially in welcome week 🙂 They have taster sessions so you can try them out before joining too!
Also, there are so many people on campus in the first few weeks!
Please let me know if you have any further questions
UEA Rep Lucy
4th Year Economics Student with a Year Abroad :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending