Yep!!
Original post by Khadi1234
did anyone get their offer from Leeds?

yep yesterday 🤭
Reply 102
Original post by Khadi1234
did anyone get their offer from Leeds?
Yehh I did
Funnily enough got rejected by leeds but got offers from middlesex and southampton an interview with bournemouth hospital for an apprenticeship, did an interview with SGUL and i believe got some kind offer, need to do DBS stuff first to see but the email said something like that and im waiting on King's College but its probably a no as thats medical phsyio and my personal statement was based on cardiac.

Kinda surprised to see this many people intrested in the course too!
Original post by JashGarge
Funnily enough got rejected by leeds but got offers from middlesex and southampton an interview with bournemouth hospital for an apprenticeship, did an interview with SGUL and i believe got some kind offer, need to do DBS stuff first to see but the email said something like that and im waiting on King's College but its probably a no as thats medical phsyio and my personal statement was based on cardiac.

The reason why i found my rejection from leeds kinda weird was they were the only one to accept me verbally beause of a new course I do, the rest said they'll consult applicants indivdually and somehow it worked. I'm guessing my work experience kinda carried me.

Sorry for the spelling mistakes I'm on my phone which sucks.

Hey that’s good you got offers from others at least and with kings if your interview goes well then I don’t think so you need to worry about the personal statement, tbh Middlesex didn’t take me for cardiac physiology but gave me an alternative which is medical physiology and tbh am happy with that as well so you should be good to go but good luck!!
The reason why i found my rejection from leeds kinda weird was they were the only one to accept me verbally beause of a new course I do, the rest said they'll consult applicants indivdually and somehow it worked. I'm guessing my work experience kinda carried me.
Sorry for the spelling mistakes I'm on my phone which sucks.

That’s weird if they accepted you verbally btw after ur interview did u get an email that they couldn’t take you ?
Original post by Julliet_6
Hey that’s good you got offers from others at least and with kings if your interview goes well then I don’t think so you need to worry about the personal statement, tbh Middlesex didn’t take me for cardiac physiology but gave me an alternative which is medical physiology and tbh am happy with that as well so you should be good to go but good luck!!

Oh someone I met at Middlesex and then SGUL also has the same situation as you. Honestly, as I live kinda far from London and Middlesex and SGUL and its kinda hard to get there like I need to travel to Farringdon and then go Hendon for Middlesex or Tooting for SGUL.

I'll end up taking Southampton or the Apprenticeship. Unless King's also gives me an offer then it will be a hard choice.
That’s weird if they accepted you verbally btw after ur interview did u get an email that they couldn’t take you ?

Never got one, it was a straight up rejection. I'm guessing it wasn't an official acceptance. They probably said we could take you on with your courses.

Leeds is also kinda far too. Closest is Southampton then the London ones. Bournemouth too is kinda close.

There was an Isle of Wight Apprenticeship but I withdrew my application because travel and living is gonna be hard.
Oh someone I met at Middlesex and then SGUL also has the same situation as you. Honestly, as I live kinda far from London and Middlesex and SGUL and its kinda hard to get there like I need to travel to Farringdon and then go Hendon for Middlesex or Tooting for SGUL.
I'll end up taking Southampton or the Apprenticeship. Unless King's also gives me an offer then it will be a hard choice.

Oh okay am sure Southampton is pretty good I had an interview with them as well it didn’t sound bad if it wasn’t far from where I live I would have gone there but with MDX am fine with medical physiology tbh it’s not a bad choice but yhh hopefully it goes well for you good luck with kings am sure you’ll get it
Never got one, it was a straight up rejection. I'm guessing it wasn't an official acceptance. They probably said we could take you on with your courses.
Leeds is also kinda far too. Closest is Southampton then the London ones. Bournemouth too is kinda close.
There was an Isle of Wight Apprenticeship but I withdrew my application because travel and living is gonna be hard.

This also makes sense btw are u doing A-levels or a Btec course
This also makes sense btw are u doing A-levels or a Btec course

I'm doing 1 A-Level which is Psychology. A bit painful need a C for MDX, App, B+ I'm guessing for the rest as southampton wants a B

Then a new course which i call Biology with no plants it's a WJEC Level 3 Diploma in Medical Science. It's has the same tariff points to an A-Level, Probably need a B or above to get into all of them.

And I do a CTEC in Health and Social Care where I need a Distinction or above to get into all of them

My only worry is Psychology the rest should be fine as im guaranteed a Distinction for Health and Social Care. And Medical Science should be fine.
Oh okay am sure Southampton is pretty good I had an interview with them as well it didn’t sound bad if it wasn’t far from where I live I would have gone there but with MDX am fine with medical physiology tbh it’s not a bad choice but yhh hopefully it goes well for you good luck with kings am sure you’ll get it

Yeah hopefully, It honestly would be the easiest London Uni to get to for me since all I need to do is get off at Waterloo which is a direct train for me instead of going to Reading and getting the Elizabeth line then another train either to MDX or SGUL.

I hope you get what you need too and maybe see you whatever uni we may have together like Southampton!
I'm doing 1 A-Level which is Psychology. A bit painful need a C for MDX, App, B+ I'm guessing for the rest as southampton wants a B
Then a new course which i call Biology with no plants it's a WJEC Level 3 Diploma in Medical Science. It's has the same tariff points to an A-Level, Probably need a B or above to get into all of them.
And I do a CTEC in Health and Social Care where I need a Distinction or above to get into all of them
My only worry is Psychology the rest should be fine as im guaranteed a Distinction for Health and Social Care. And Medical Science should be fine.

Oh wow that’s impressive am doing Btec level 3 applied science
Yeah hopefully, It honestly would be the easiest London Uni to get to for me since all I need to do is get off at Waterloo which is a direct train for me instead of going to Reading and getting the Elizabeth line then another train either to MDX or SGUL.
I hope you get what you need too and maybe see you whatever uni we may have together like Southampton!

Thank you!!! lmk how it goes for you tho!!
Oh wow that’s impressive am doing Btec level 3 applied science

Sounds good! Sure, I'll send another message if I get a reply from King's or if I get the Bournemouth apprenticeship
Sounds good! Sure, I'll send another message if I get a reply from King's or if I get the Bournemouth apprenticeship

Good luck !!!!!
Good luck !!!!!

SGUL sent an offer so I'm guessing the MMIs went well. King's hasn't responded and I can't find details about people who've got offers from them. I've seen other courses already get their offers so it's a little confusing.

Honestly, I don't know if I'd get King's they said they'll assess applicants on an individual basis so I applied to King's just to see if my work experience could help. And again the personal statement isn't about medical physiology it's about cardiac physiology. So honestly I think I got 3/5 here which isn't bad. Considering I got Southampton and SGUL which are really good healthcare universities and are part of the Russell group.
SGUL sent an offer so I'm guessing the MMIs went well. King's hasn't responded and I can't find details about people who've got offers from them. I've seen other courses already get their offers so it's a little confusing.
Honestly, I don't know if I'd get King's they said they'll assess applicants on an individual basis so I applied to King's just to see if my work experience could help. And again the personal statement isn't about medical physiology it's about cardiac physiology. So honestly I think I got 3/5 here which isn't bad. Considering I got Southampton and SGUL which are really good healthcare universities and are part of the Russell group.

Hey I got invited for an interview for SGUL but they haven't put in new slots and its been almost 3 weeks . What should I do? should I call or email them?
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Original post by incognito222
Hey I got invited for an interview for SGUL but they haven't put in new slots and its been almost 3 weeks . What should I do? should I call or email them?

This is for Physiological Sciences right?

I got my date after they said they'd like to give me an interview. I'd say check your emails and see if you accidentally missed an email and read through em for a booking link.

If not then email them and say I got an offer to an interview however I didn't receive a date etc.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest