University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Chris smith6
Sorry, got my dates mixed up it's this Wednesday

What are you going to do to prepare? Mines then too 😭
Original post by Anonymous #4
What are you going to do to prepare? Mines then too 😭

Errr not alot really, just some formula stuff more than anything. Best of luck to you 👍
Errr not alot really, just some formula stuff more than anything. Best of luck to you 👍

Ty! What formulas if you don’t mind me asking.
Ty! What formulas if you don’t mind me asking.

Pythagoras seems like a safe bet, moving equations around to make other parts of it the subject, derivative rules (chain, product, sum), algebra sure that'll come up. Then for physics part might just be a case of Newton's laws, circuit symbols, stuff like that.

Stuff that I feel I need to nail down properly. You might be better at this stuff and less so in other parts.
(edited 2 months ago)
Pythagoras seems like a safe bet, moving equations around to make other parts of it the subject, derivative rules (chain, product, sum), algebra sure that'll come up. Then for physics part might just be a case of Newton's laws, circuit symbols, stuff like that.

Stuff that I feel I need to nail down properly. You might be better at this stuff and less so in other parts.

Are derivative rules a-level?
Are derivative rules a-level?

Whoops sorry didn't see that, errr anything more complex than the standard first derivative I'd say? How'd you get on?
Whoops sorry didn't see that, errr anything more complex than the standard first derivative I'd say? How'd you get on?

lol it’s okay. Yh I did the exam at 4. It was okay but I haven’t got an email back to say he’s gotten my answers so I’m worried now. I sent it like 15 mins after the test cuz of technical difficulties
Reply 28
When did you guys send in your applications? I haven't heard back from Manchester at all... I assume it's a bad sign
has anyone done the assessment yet
lol it’s okay. Yh I did the exam at 4. It was okay but I haven’t got an email back to say he’s gotten my answers so I’m worried now. I sent it like 15 mins after the test cuz of technical difficulties

I got a confirmation email 20 mins later so I'd say email him to check
Original post by rewilo
When did you guys send in your applications? I haven't heard back from Manchester at all... I assume it's a bad sign

I submitted mine back in November, give them an email asking for an update, they're pretty helpful 👍
Original post by Anonymous #5
has anyone done the assessment yet

Yeah on Wednesday
Anyone heard back after the assessment yet?
Anyone heard back after the assessment yet?

I have got an assessment coming up I was just wondering what type of question you faced and there difficulty?
Reply 35
For reference, what A-levels are you guys taking? I applied for the foundation year but I still haven't had a response or been invited to do the assessment.
Original post by rewilo
For reference, what A-levels are you guys taking? I applied for the foundation year but I still haven't had a response or been invited to do the assessment.

I’m taking biology,chem and physics
Reply 37
Original post by MunasheT
I’m taking biology,chem and physics
So am I. I assume my application is going to get rejected then :'(
Original post by rewilo
So am I. I assume my application is going to get rejected then :'(

It depends the times just vary, what was ur predicted?
Reply 39
i was getting worried bc i never got asked to do an assessment but i got an offer for the course just yesterday eveningg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending