The Student Room Group

MPhil in Machine Learning and Machine Intelligence at Cambridge 2024

Scroll to see replies

at what time of the day do interview emails usually come?
Will they send interview invites for everyone? I applied for ML track but still haven’t heard back.
I was interviewed on 11 January and was told to wait at most 2 weeks for a response. What are my chances of getting accepted based also on last years? Is it bad if I did not receive any answer up to now?
Did someone who was interviewed got an offer? I am still waiting...
Reply 84
Original post by Anonymous #11
Did someone who was interviewed got an offer? I am still waiting...

from last yr stats most ppl would get paoed until late jan to mid feb so unless they made particularly small amount of interviews this yr 2 week is little bit too quick? But since it’s the prof who told you this it could be that this is true this yr or just for ML track? But I to remember seeming a post from last year that also said two weeks but get dc-ed in February
Original post by edluyuanuk
from last yr stats most ppl would get paoed until late jan to mid feb so unless they made particularly small amount of interviews this yr 2 week is little bit too quick? But since it’s the prof who told you this it could be that this is true this yr or just for ML track? But I to remember seeming a post from last year that also said two weeks but get dc-ed in February

Oh okay thank you...so do you believe that even if they do not answer next week I still have chances?
Also, among the people interviewed, what is the percentage of admitted?
Any updates regarding degree committee or PAO?
nothing on my side. But i am wondering if some ppl already get an answer.. it’s been already 10 days
Reply 88
Original post by Anonymous #11
I was interviewed on 11 January and was told to wait at most 2 weeks for a response. What are my chances of getting accepted based also on last years? Is it bad if I did not receive any answer up to now?

They are delayed sometimes so dont worry
Reply 89
Original post by Anonymous #10
Will they send interview invites for everyone? I applied for ML track but still haven’t heard back.

not everyone, just people they would move onto the next step.
did anyone of the computer vision track get an interview yet ?
I was told by my interviewer that I should receive an answer by 15th Feb at the latest but it may be earlier than that. We shall see I guess. I applied for the ML track.
Original post by 0ZYM4NDI4S
did anyone of the computer vision track get an interview yet ?

There was someone in the chat who has received an interview. I don't think they will be sending more invitations at this point.
Original post by Anonymous #2
There was someone in the chat who has received an interview. I don't think they will be sending more invitations at this point.

what do you mean by this, like you think they are done with interviewing the pool?
Original post by Prest0nJ0hn
I was told by my interviewer that I should receive an answer by 15th Feb at the latest but it may be earlier than that. We shall see I guess. I applied for the ML track.

When was your interview btw? Mine was 2 weeks ago and no movement on camsis :|
Original post by Anonymous #8
When was your interview btw? Mine was 2 weeks ago and no movement on camsis :|

My interview was on 9th Jan, I think they might have just switched the decision process to batches within tracks and so different tracks will hear back at different times. The interviewer also told me that the ML track was the most applied to, so that track might get left til the end of the decision process.
it makes me anxious waiting for an interview while in reality there's 0% chance of getting one. I think they should start sending us rejections.
Why are you thinking like this? I know that some of the interviews were being held in in the first two weeks but maybe they will do another round as well..
From the past year's threads experience, I doubt so.
Original post by Anonymous #9
Why are you thinking like this? I know that some of the interviews were being held in in the first two weeks but maybe they will do another round as well..

I emailed them and they told me that all the selected applicants will be invited for interview on January.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending