The Student Room Group

2022 Mphil Machine Learning and Machine Intelligence Application | Cambridge Uni

Following last year’s thread success, here is the one for this year. Has anyone received updates on their applications yet?

Regards,
A

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xDrews
Following last year’s thread success, here is the one for this year. Has anyone received updates on their applications yet?

Regards,
A

Nope. I'm a US applicant who applied for the Gates Cambridge scholarship and mine has been stuck in "under review by department" since late October.
Hi All,

I had received my application submitted email on 23 Nov.

I have checked my application status today and it's showing "Status: Under review by department - Your application is under review by the Department."
Reply 3
No updates here yet. Let’s see how it goes after the Christmas break. Keep the hope guys :wink:
Just received an email for interview! It will be on the week of Jan 9. Anyone else?
Reply 5
Original post by lianaling
Just received an email for interview! It will be on the week of Jan 9. Anyone else?

Congrats on getting an interview. Just a couple questions, I hope you don’t mind. When did you submit your application? Is the interview happening in person or online?
Original post by xDrews
Congrats on getting an interview. Just a couple questions, I hope you don’t mind. When did you submit your application? Is the interview happening in person or online?

No worries! I submitted my application before the borderline deadline, which I believe should be about 22nd Nov. It's an online Zoom interview.

Haven't heard anything myself but congrats! Which track did you apply for?
Original post by actualsnipe
Haven't heard anything myself but congrats! Which track did you apply for?

Thanks and I hope you get your email soon too ^^ I applied for Speech and Language Processing Track—you?
Thanks and I hope you get your email soon too ^^ I applied for Speech and Language Processing Track—you?

Machine learning :')
Applied to Machine Learning too. Haven't got a reply yet. Hopefully they send out the invitations in batches per track :')
Reply 11
Original post by fontaine97
Applied to Machine Learning too. Haven't got a reply yet. Hopefully they send out the invitations in batches per track :')

I also applied to the ML track. No updates so far either. Fingers crossed :wink:
I also got an interview invitation for the week of jan 9 for this track :smile: Do you also need to make a presentation about a research project/coursework?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Chaos_Theory
I also got an interview invitation for the week of jan 9 for this track :smile: Do you also need to make a presentation about a research project/coursework?

Congrats on the offer!!! Which track?
I think you didn’t quote/reply to the message you intended.
Woops my bad, wanted to reply to @lianaling. So it's for the Speech and Language processing track

Original post by xDrews
Congrats on the offer!!! Which track?
I think you didn’t quote/reply to the message you intended.
Original post by Chaos_Theory
Woops my bad, wanted to reply to @lianaling. So it's for the Speech and Language processing track

Congrats on your interview offer! Yes, I’m supposed to present the same topic too. All the best for your interview! As for others, don’t give up because perhaps they are processing applications by tracks.
Congrats to anyone who have been invited for interview. I really hope you guys smash it.

Does anyone here on this thread have applied for Computer Vision and Robotics?
Does anyone know if there are people from tracks other than the speech and language one who have heard of interviews ?
Reply 18
Just got the interview invitation for next Friday. I’m from the machine learning track.
Original post by fzfzfz
Just got the interview invitation for next Friday. I’m from the machine learning track.

Hey, can you give some brief information on your background and when you applied? I also applied for the Machine Learning track but haven't heard back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending