The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Places to buy Christmas decorations in Kingston for your student home!

As the Christmas season is in full swing, I am ready to start decorating my house with all things Christmas! Looking for lots of decorations while working with a student budget can be difficult. Here are a list of places I have found useful for you to use in your home:

I would definitely recommend a fake Christmas tree as they are cheaper and easier to maintain around deadline season! Places to buy these from are Amazon, Argos, Asda, Tesco’s and Sainsbury’s. These are the places that I have found are the cheapest and have a variety from big tree’s to mini ones that would be perfect in a shared kitchen.

Ornaments can also be found at these places and can be super cheap when bought in packets. If you are looking for individual ornaments to spice up your tree then the shop ‘flying tiger’ in Kingston centre is amazing for quirky ornaments that each member of your house can choose to make your tree your own! My personal favourites are the popcorn machine, oyster, champagne bottle and champagne glass!

There is a Christmas decoration shop in the Bentall Centre on the bottom floor which would be perfect for other decorations such as tinsel and lights. Primark is another really good option for cheap Christmas lights and other ornaments such as candle holders, Christmassy mugs, cushions, bedding and matching pyjamas.

To really get you in the Christmas spirit- why not also pop on down to the Christmas markets in Kingston. There is one in the ‘Kingston Market Place’ and another opposite John Lewis by the church. Both are worth a visit to get some food and to have a look around all the stalls to pick up some Christmas presents. When in the centre, you should also pay the Bentall Centre a visit to see all the Christmas lights inside and maybe catch the end of the Black Friday sales!

Please share any more ideas you have for decorating on a budget below!

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending