The Student Room Group

Law Third Year - gone to a 3rd from a 2:2

hi guys,
i just did my mocks and i'm looking at a mid 3rd which is disappointing as second year I was a 2.2.
guys can anyone help meee? I'm doing law and really don't want to get a 3rd
Original post by Queen_saf
hi guys,
i just did my mocks and i'm looking at a mid 3rd which is disappointing as second year I was a 2.2.

@Queen_saf

Did you get any feedback?

Did you run out of time or not revise a topic that came up?

Did lots of people do well or not so well? Was it a tough paper?

Have you been to see you tutor to have a chat about it?

I know that you must feel pretty down at the moment and just frustrated, but by reflecting on what happened hopefully you can begin to see what you can change.

All the best!

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield
Original post by Queen_saf
hi guys,

Hi there

I am sorry to hear this.

Have you received feedback on your previous law assignments. For myself, I found looking at the feedback and learning from mistakes helped to improve my grade. Whilst I know that grades and feedback can be difficult to understand, it is key that you try your best to go through them. They will allow you to know where you have gone wrong, and what you can do to boost your grades.

One thing I found useful myself, was to go to seminar leaders for feedback. They can help you understand your feedback and give you tips for revising properly for exams. Whilst they can point out how to revise, I think you should also try to reflect on how you did your revision this time- what worked for you and what did not.

I hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending