The Student Room Group

Urgent need to decide a levels

I am interested in the following for a levels need advice, I am interested in anthropology, social sciences but maybe law… at uni (if I go) unsure tbh
Possible a levels:
Geography
Sociology
Psychology
Sport b tec (can’t do a level because my school didn’t offer the pe gcse ) don’t know if this would be useless tbh
Law (or btec applied law)
Criminology (btec)
Environmental science (seems like chemistry to me?)
Sociology and psych work well together wld u think about doing history for law? Sociology psych and b-tec law sounds good
Reply 2
Original post by Studywizz69
I am interested in the following for a levels need advice, I am interested in anthropology, social sciences but maybe law… at uni (if I go) unsure tbh
Possible a levels:
Geography
Sociology
Psychology
Sport b tec (can’t do a level because my school didn’t offer the pe gcse ) don’t know if this would be useless tbh
Criminology (btec)

Law BTEC I think it's the best subject to choose if you want to go into Law at Uni in the future. Coursework and theory I think it's really fun and especially it's different compared to Alevel Law which is more essay based theory, but in BTEC its more real-life application with current cases, mock trials if the school offers them, coursework as in different types of format projects like reports, in year 2 magazines, leaflets, both year 1 and 2 with letters and case file notes which lawyers do all the times.
Psychology is also a great subject which also contributes and it is very fun to learn as you. understand most stuff about human mind and behaviour, been doing psychology and I love it.
Sociology is an interesting subject but I think out of all 3 that I have mentioned so far, it's the most heavy based subject and hardest meaning exam and content wise. If you are determined and think you will manage and like doing a lot of research for extra marks and contemporary examples to mention in your papers, go ahead. Also, there is a lot of sociologists you will have to remember for your essays, much more than GCSEs if you are familiar with the content which is taught in GCSE.
To be honest, if I would be to go back to year 11 now I would choose these two ; psychology and law and pick an easier subject as my third, not as much content and easier relating to the exam or coursework in the case of a BTEC subject.

In less words. Pick Psychology Law and a 3rd easy subject that you enjoy and doesn't require much of your time or doesn't have as much theory.
Hope my big essay helped xD
Reply 3
Original post by Studywizz69
Possible a levels:
Geography
Sociology
Psychology
Criminology (btec)

First three are best -

Law isn't needed for a degree and some unis don't count criminology,

Quick Reply

Latest