The Student Room Group

No nat 5 maths!? I want to study int relations

Hi! I'm wanting to apply for international relations and central and Eastern European studies at Glasgow uni but I have no nat 5 maths. It's not a requirement but it says higher maths recommended. What I have going for me is higher geography A, higher English A, higher modies A, higher history A.. I'm also sitting higher politics predicted A. Is there any point or should I apply?
Reply 1
Original post by Twigs64
Hi! I'm wanting to apply for international relations and central and Eastern European studies at Glasgow uni but I have no nat 5 maths. It's not a requirement but it says higher maths recommended. What I have going for me is higher geography A, higher English A, higher modies A, higher history A.. I'm also sitting higher politics predicted A. Is there any point or should I apply?

i would still apply. as you said it's not a requirement so they really can't fault you if you don't have it. and your other subjects should count towards it anyways so they'd be a fool to reject you just for not having maths. don't let it stop you from applying and missing out on opportunities! if it comes to a point where you really need a math qualification, i'm sure there are possibilities available to make that happen outside of school.
Reply 2
Original post by awfulrad
i would still apply. as you said it's not a requirement so they really can't fault you if you don't have it. and your other subjects should count towards it anyways so they'd be a fool to reject you just for not having maths. don't let it stop you from applying and missing out on opportunities! if it comes to a point where you really need a math qualification, i'm sure there are possibilities available to make that happen outside of school.

Thank you! I applied and I'm waiting for my results. I'm also hoping that the fact I did a work experience with an MSP will help me haha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending