The Student Room Group

MA Journalism

Any ideas on what are the best places to do a postgrad in journlism? And whether it is worth it as opposed to going the work experience route?

I am looking at City University, Goldsmiths, London College of Communication, London School of Fashion (been freelancing in fashion for 6 months) Cardiff?

Does anyone go to the universities above and have any info on nightlife (yes i know but everyone needs a break), the journalism dept, and the student newspapers radio etc?

Sorry for all the questions!
Reply 1
- I went to City. Good course, but very intense. Nightlife? No idea. I didn't get involved in student events. Can't beat London nightlife though.

- Journalism department: Good, tons of activities, work you hard. However, it is one of the most expensive MA courses. Admin is rather disorganised at times.

- Student newspapers: you are not encouraged to get involved. You won't have the time and should be looking towards professional rather than amateur publications.

- As a side note: the course is very competitive so get a good CV and application in. You'll need a 2.1, 4 weeks minimum regional work experience and good references.
Reply 2
oooh:smile: Thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending