The Student Room Group

law degree

hi I did art & design a level. My other 2 a levels are academic. Will prestigious universities still accept me for law?
not really familar with law, but I suppose it depends on what the other two A levels are? you would need to look at the requirements of the universities you're interested in. otherwise find out what current students studied, you can find this out on the uni guide (it's a website, and shows what the majority students studied at A level)
Most unis don't have any subject requirements for law. Is one of your a level essay based (like history or English)? Most unis would accepted two academic a levels and one less traditional one
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
not really familar with law, but I suppose it depends on what the other two A levels are? you would need to look at the requirements of the universities you're interested in. otherwise find out what current students studied, you can find this out on the uni guide (it's a website, and shows what the majority students studied at A level)

thank you, I did sociology and geography
Reply 4
Original post by Username123ab
Most unis don't have any subject requirements for law. Is one of your a level essay based (like history or English)? Most unis would accepted two academic a levels and one less traditional one

sociology & geography
Original post by Anonymous #1
hi I did art & design a level. My other 2 a levels are academic. Will prestigious universities still accept me for law?

Hi,

Most universities do not require certain subjects to study law and just wish for you to obtain the grades they ask for in any subject. Therefore, I think that there is no reason why your A Level choice would hinder your application. Also, even if they seem less traditional, there are many skills and qualities that Art and Design A Level will have taught you which you can weave into any applications to university to show you have the transferrable qualities required to make a great law student 🙂

I hope this helps and good luck!

Sophie
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #1

Yes, prestigious universities may still consider you for law, but admissions criteria vary. Check the specific requirements of the universities you're interested in.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by UniofLaw Student
Hi,

Most universities do not require certain subjects to study law and just wish for you to obtain the grades they ask for in any subject. Therefore, I think that there is no reason why your A Level choice would hinder your application. Also, even if they seem less traditional, there are many skills and qualities that Art and Design A Level will have taught you which you can weave into any applications to university to show you have the transferrable qualities required to make a great law student 🙂

I hope this helps and good luck!

Sophie

thanks
Reply 8
Original post by Rileymuk
Yes, prestigious universities may still consider you for law, but admissions criteria vary. Check the specific requirements of the universities you're interested in.

ty

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending