The Student Room Group

Reapplying while in a uni

Hi everyone, I’m currently studying a degree I don’t think will benefit me. I got all As at a level and think I have the opportunity for reapplication to a better uni.

Do you think that is wise? Am I forfitting the place I have at my uni now?
Original post by undercovermabs
Hi everyone, I’m currently studying a degree I don’t think will benefit me. I got all As at a level and think I have the opportunity for reapplication to a better uni.

Do you think that is wise? Am I forfitting the place I have at my uni now?

You are not forfeiting your current place, you simply apply whilst continuing where you are. As you have your A level grades (or equivalent), any offers will be unconditional. So you won't need to wait until August to find out if you actual have a place or not. You could theoretically find out in a few weeks (although it may be months, depending on how quickly they make offers).

However, you will need to enter details of your current university / course in your UCAS application and the universities to which you apply may expect to see a reference from your current university (rather than from your old school / sixth form). That means that your current university will know that you're looking to move, which might be a tad awkward if you don't get an offer elsewhere and so opt to stay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending