The Student Room Group

Queries about deferred uni places

I have two questions about deferred university places:
1. Can you apply to some courses for deferred places, and others not?
2. Can you apply to universities in a gap year while holding a deferred place?

There are two universities that I really love, and it would be amazing for me to go to one or other of them. Because of this, there are some unis that, while I'd still be super happy to go there, I might choose to take a gap year and reapply to the other two first, as there are some schools that are my dream schools (but I'd still 100% rather go to the other unis than nowhere). Can I do that and maybe apply to the other unis for deferred places, so I can go there if I don't get into my dream schools, as I'd still probably be very happy at the other unis?
1. Yes
2. No
Original post by PQ
1. Yes
2. No
Thank you! I appreciate the answer.
Original post by PQ
1. Yes
2. No

Sometimes if I see a question which I think I know the answer to, but where I'm not sufficiently confident that I want to risk misleading the OP, I'll click "watch this thread" and wait for one of the TSR experts to come along. That's exactly what I did on this occassion, so thank for enlightening both the OP and myself. :smile:
And the reason for 2) being No, is simple - that you cannot have what would be 6 UCAS choices while everyone else has 5.
Original post by McGinger
And the reason for 2) being No, is simple - that you cannot have what would be 6 UCAS choices while everyone else has 5.
Why would this involve me having 6 UCAS choices? I don't mean to be rude, I'm just a little confused about why this would require that if I was only reapplying for, for example, 2 unis?
There would be nothing to stop you reapplying to the 'place' Uni in your gap year and many Unis would make you another offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending