The Student Room Group

Job as a 17 year old

Does anyone have any advice on how to find a job. I've been trying for the last couple months and its so difficult. Im cheap labour why wont they just hire me ?
Reply 1
Aim for part time jobs and temporary position at first. You can physically hand in your CV(usually works quicker). Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Sonyet
Aim for part time jobs and temporary position at first. You can physically hand in your CV(usually works quicker). Good luck.

Ill try that and thanks!
Reply 3
As you are 17 years old I would prefer using Indeed and maybe sending your CV around and maybe checking your CV checked by someone an a professional. Since you are 17 and some jobs require you to be adult and this is a problem in the UK. I hope you find a good job and Good Luck.
Reply 4
Pls don’t give up and be a fighter , I had to face numerous challenges in my life aswell but I am grateful to God for everything.
Original post by Uknownpanda
Does anyone have any advice on how to find a job. I've been trying for the last couple months and its so difficult. Im cheap labour why wont they just hire me ?

Look on websites such a as indeed.com.
Also look on companies own websites. Some companies- e.g. Tesco, McDonald's etc require you to apply on the careers section of their websites.
Also look in shop/cafe/restaurant windows for adverts.
Reply 6
Original post by Iamok1999
Pls don’t give up and be a fighter , I had to face numerous challenges in my life aswell but I am grateful to God for everything.

Dw I won’t give up. I need the money 💀💀😭😭
Original post by Uknownpanda

i feel you! although i don’t have much advice because i haven’t been very successful either, im wishing you luck!
it’s so frustrating how companies don’t want to hire under 18s, and i totally get it, but at the same time they could save so much, i would be fine with minimum wage TT.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending