The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL engineering foundation year thread - 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi I am new here applying with A* maths A econ and A physics with double distinction in business my GCSE’s are horrible though
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
Original post by yelloww1
Hi I am new here applying with A* maths A econ and A physics with double distinction in business my GCSE’s are horrible though

Hi! You have some pretty good grades and I don’t think they’ll look at GCSEs if you have maths and physics at that level. What course are you applying to?
Reply 22
I am applying to computer science with integrated foundation year
Reply 23
I am applying to computer science with integrated foundation year

Are you eligible for a contextual offer? If so, you could directly apply to the undergraduate degree
Reply 24
Original post by amanda23
Are you eligible for a contextual offer? If so, you could directly apply to the undergraduate degree

They way undergrad works is that if you don’t meet the actual offer you won’t even be considered for a contextual that’s what my career adviser told me also I have sent it off and the average cs applicant is applying with 4A* lmao I don’t stand a chance I have better chance getting in doing a foundation year since the competition will be less fierce
Reply 25
They way undergrad works is that if you don’t meet the actual offer you won’t even be considered for a contextual that’s what my career adviser told me also I have sent it off and the average cs applicant is applying with 4A* lmao I don’t stand a chance I have better chance getting in doing a foundation year since the competition will be less fierce

Oh I see. Well last year they only offered 32 places for 1500 applicants so I think this foundation year is even more competitive than a normal course 💀
Reply 26
Oh I see. Well last year they only offered 32 places for 1500 applicants so I think this foundation year is even more competitive than a normal course 💀

Yeah but without. Sounding arrogant I do feel like my subjects and my a level predicted grade put me in a better position than 90% of people applying to the foundation year
Reply 27
Yeah but without. Sounding arrogant I do feel like my subjects and my a level predicted grade put me in a better position than 90% of people applying to the foundation year

Have you already sent off your ucas?
Reply 28
Have you already sent off your ucas?

Sent it offer the end of December wbu
Reply 29
Sent it offer the end of December wbu

I sent mine like 3 days ago lol. Did you already get an offer?
Reply 30
I sent mine like 3 days ago lol. Did you already get an offer?

No from what I have seen we don’t get offers till may and we get called to do an assessment day around march where we work in groups and see how we work as a team if you get shortlisted
Reply 31
Original post by undefined
No from what I have seen we don’t get offers till may and we get called to do an assessment day around march where we work in groups and see how we work as a team if you get shortlisted

Yh that’s why I was a little surprised. Hopefully we both get shortlisted!! Did you get an email from them thanking you for the application or nah?
Reply 32
Hello everyone! Is anyone applying to the UCL engineering foundation year? If you've successfully applied before, could you share insights on your personal statement and predicted grades? Your guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :smile:

Hi!! I applied for the same thing around November of last year, but haven’t heard anything yet, has anyone else gotten an assessment invite yet?
Reply 33
Original post by whieri15
Hi!! I applied for the same thing around November of last year, but haven’t heard anything yet, has anyone else gotten an assessment invite yet?

We are all in a state of limbo rn don’t think they will respond till they get all the offer in
Reply 34

Hi! Nope, haven't heard anything plus my portico is messed up :/. What did you apply for and what are your stats :smile:
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 35

Nope, haven't heard anything plus my portico is messed up :/. What did you apply for and what are your stats :smile:

Oof, sorry to hear that :frown: I’m applying for Computer Science! I went to school outside of the UK, but I was previously at another uni where I did a foundation year in the social sciences, as well as a couple months of a computer science degree itself
Reply 36
Oof, sorry to hear that :frown: I’m applying for Computer Science! I went to school outside of the UK, but I was previously at another uni where I did a foundation year in the social sciences, as well as a couple months of a computer science degree itself

awesome! I applied for EEE. Everyone I've spoken to has applied for computer science lol. Where else have u applied and have u received any offers?
Reply 37

awesome! I applied for EEE. Everyone I've spoken to has applied for computer science lol. Where else have u applied and have u received any offers?

I’m a bit worried now haha, hopefully that doesn’t deter from me getting in but that’s so cool! I’ve got an interview with Edinburgh in April, so if all goes well I can choose between the two. Otherwise not much other choice, didn’t realise I couldn’t apply for another foundation year whilst having one so the last three choices I wasn’t selected 😔
Reply 38
I’m a bit worried now haha, hopefully that doesn’t deter from me getting in but that’s so cool! I’ve got an interview with Edinburgh in April, so if all goes well I can choose between the two. Otherwise not much other choice, didn’t realise I couldn’t apply for another foundation year whilst having one so the last three choices I wasn’t selected 😔

Edinburgh is amazing so well done for getting an interview.
Hii guys, I have applied for the foundation year (CS). Is it just me or I feel like I know a lot but at the same time I don't know anything. I just wanna know more about how everything gonna work idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending