The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL engineering foundation year thread - 2024

Scroll to see replies

Anyone going on the 24th between 1.15-4???
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hey guys. Don’t panic if you haven’t recieved yours yet. They’re sending invitations between now and March

They did 6 interview days last year, apparently there is going to be 2 different ones on the same day I think this year might be a bit different
Original post by Anonymous #5

They did 6 interview days last year, apparently there is going to be 2 different ones on the same day I think this year might be a bit different

Is that on the UCL website? I tried googling it but not much came up
Original post by Anonymous #4
Is that on the UCL website? I tried googling it but not much came up

oh that’s what they said in last years thread towards the end
Original post by Anonymous

So they’re going to be doing more than last year? I’m a little confused about what you mean.
Reply 85
Original post by whieri15
Congrats!! What time did you get yours?

10.00am 😊
Reply 86
Original post by yelloww1
Yo same do you have Reddit by any chance want to make as many friends as possible for the day

Yess, what's your u/?
Original post by whieri15
Congrats!! What time did you get yours?
please let us know how it goes
Original post by tomschool33
please let us know how it goes

Honestly, I'm slightly disappointed. I'm not disappointed in the assessment or the university, but just frustrated over who I was grouped with. You're part of a group and someone in my group was loud and dominating, unfortunately. So I couldn't showcase what I knew. I hope this hasn't held me back, but I found myself being a mediator in the group, reminding them to consider basic things constantly.

The only way I can know whether I am what they're looking for is by getting a response on UCAS, because honestly, I have no idea what will happen. I tried my best, but something happened with one of the groups that suggested my entire group may have been discarded (despite it likely being person-centric).

Good luck everyone.
Original post by Anonymous #6
Honestly, I'm slightly disappointed. I'm not disappointed in the assessment or the university, but just frustrated over who I was grouped with. You're part of a group and someone in my group was loud and dominating, unfortunately. So I couldn't showcase what I knew. I hope this hasn't held me back, but I found myself being a mediator in the group, reminding them to consider basic things constantly.

The only way I can know whether I am what they're looking for is by getting a response on UCAS, because honestly, I have no idea what will happen. I tried my best, but something happened with one of the groups that suggested my entire group may have been discarded (despite it likely being person-centric).

Good luck everyone.
Was this yesterday at 1PM? What group were you in? I also don’t think I did too well 😭😭

Good luck everyone.

Wow dude, I’m so sorry that happened, fingers crossed that everything will be alright. What was the process of the day and what did you guys do exactly for that to happen?

Good luck everyone.
what was on the assessment like what did you get asked and what was the group task ?
Reply 92
Was this yesterday at 1PM? What group were you in? I also don’t think I did too well 😭😭
what was on the assessment like what did you get asked and what was the group task ?
Reply 93
Original post by ymt068
LOOL wait what group was u in
Hey i have my assessment coming up. Were you there and did they ask any technical questions.
Reply 94

Good luck everyone.
I'm sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking, how was the assessment day ran and set up?
yeah it was a logic test more than anything, they just want to see how you think. Probably shouldn’t give the specific as they both wanted us not to see the questions up until one point and it would also give everyone who hasn’t done it yet an unfair advantage
No it wasn't, but I don't want to get caught out as to who I am.
Original post by Anonymous #4
Wow dude, I’m so sorry that happened, fingers crossed that everything will be alright. What was the process of the day and what did you guys do exactly for that to happen?
It's just group working, they give you everything you need to know when you get there.
Original post by ibzino25
I'm sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking, how was the assessment day ran and set up?
20 people in a room in groups, with a task.
Original post by Anonymous #5
yeah it was a logic test more than anything, they just want to see how you think. Probably shouldn’t give the specific as they both wanted us not to see the questions up until one point and it would also give everyone who hasn’t done it yet an unfair advantage
Completely agree, but I'm happy to say it's group work.

I really hope I'm what they're looking for 😪

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending