The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL engineering foundation year thread - 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #1
I’m sorry to hear that. Please don’t be disheartened, everything happens for a reason. I think the last assessment day is tomorrow anyway.

Of course, I really appreciate that. I wish you all the best luck with your endeavours
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone gotten rejections and has attended interview days ?

I don’t think so because the last one is tomorrow
I don’t think so because the last one is tomorrow
I thought they did them until the end of March ?
Original post by Anonymous #5
I thought they did them until the end of March ?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think there were already four assessment days (24th Feb, 9th March - morning and afternoon for both), and tomorrow should be for the last two (morning and afternoon).
We're nearing the end of March anyway, so l wouldn't be surprised if the last round of assessments happens tomorrow.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think there were already four assessment days (24th Feb, 9th March - morning and afternoon for both), and tomorrow should be for the last two (morning and afternoon).
We're nearing the end of March anyway, so l wouldn't be surprised if the last round of assessments happens tomorrow.
Ah that would be quite good for everyone that went through an assessment day. Have you had your interview day already ?
Reply 125
who else hasnt got an interview date?

Hello,
I have applied to UCL biomedical engineering with foundation year and. I still haven’t received an invitation for an assessment day yet and on portico it says that my application is being considered.
I really worried right now !

If I didn’t get an invitation does it mean I’m not successful ?

Also anyone has any idea of what I should do please!?
Original post by Sumia06
Hello,
I have applied to UCL biomedical engineering with foundation year and. I still haven’t received an invitation for an assessment day yet and on portico it says that my application is being considered.
I really worried right now !
If I didn’t get an invitation does it mean I’m not successful ?
Also anyone has any idea of what I should do please!?
seems like they have finished with interviews if you were not invited it most likely means you probably did not make it unfortunately wishing you the best.
Easter break starts today according to their website, and as mentioned before the interviews were up to the end of March, decisions should come in the next 2 weeks
Easter break starts today according to their website, and as mentioned before the interviews were up to the end of March, decisions should come in the next 2 weeks

Successful students last year got their offers early May so you might actually have to wait a little longer.
Original post by Anonymous #11
seems like they have finished with interviews if you were not invited it most likely means you probably did not make it unfortunately wishing you the best.

Do you remember the skills they were looking for in the assessment centre? Are they still going to consider your personal statement and predicted grades after this stage or is it purely going to be based on the centre?
Successful students last year got their offers early May so you might actually have to wait a little longer.
It was the first year going for the course, for this year they said they aim to send most if not all by mid April.
There seems to be a misunderstanding I am from this year batch so I am just in the dark of the application process as you I did have my interview
It was the first year going for the course, for this year they said they aim to send most if not all by mid April.

There is another assessment day on the 18th of April so I doubt that's the case.
There is another assessment day on the 18th of April so I doubt that's the case.
Are you sure they said the last assessment day would be in March? Where did you get this from
Are you sure they said the last assessment day would be in March? Where did you get this from

In another forum - someone said they got an interview for the 18th.
bump
Last interview-day should be coming up in 2 days, I'm surprised they are still even doing interviews as that wasn't their initial plan. So in probably 2 weeks after that we will finally have our replies. Ive received all my decisions but this, how are you guys holding on ?
Original post by Anonymous
Last interview-day should be coming up in 2 days, I'm surprised they are still even doing interviews as that wasn't their initial plan. So in probably 2 weeks after that we will finally have our replies. Ive received all my decisions but this, how are you guys holding on ?

I've recieved offers for 3 (1 Russell group, hooray), waiting on UCL and Kings. Really stressed out waiting, wish they'd hurry up so I can start making plans/accom/transport.
Has anyone who attended the assessment day, recieved a rejection please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending