The Student Room Group

Student Maintenance Loans in Final Year

I've just begun my second year and for both my first and second years, I have received just over £9000 and I am trying to figure out how much my student loan will get cut. I've read some reports that it can be as much as 25% which seems so steep and others have simply said that they get a few hundred less.
Can anyone help me with suggestions as to how much I might get?
Original post by bentcopperac12
I've just begun my second year and for both my first and second years, I have received just over £9000 and I am trying to figure out how much my student loan will get cut. I've read some reports that it can be as much as 25% which seems so steep and others have simply said that they get a few hundred less.
Can anyone help me with suggestions as to how much I might get?

The amount of maintenance loan you receive in your final year reduces as you are not entitled to financial support when your course has ended (ie the loan does not cover the summer holidays in that year). Your entitlement will be calculated from the date you started your course up until your course end date. As these dates differ for each uni, it's difficult to give a precise figure. You can probably work out a rough amount by calculating how much shorter (in weeks), your final year will be compared to previous years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending