The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Economics and Economic History 2024 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nssvzq
That’s tricky maybe like 40%. You?

I’ve applied for both economic history courses (dual honours and on its own) and am wondering what you thought counted as economic history vs economics in your ps? My whole personal statmeent revolves around the history of economics with my first paragraph being about how I got into it via a talk on neocolonialism, second being how I developed my ideas via certain books and what I learnt, and lastly talked about how I implement what I learn into presentations, extracurricular etc
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
Original post by hk111111111
Yh 30 or 40 I reckon, what topics did you mention?
you sure ask a lot of questions haha. Well many actually mostly concepts I found interesting in econ books I read.
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous #5
I’ve applied for both economic history courses (dual honours and on its own) and am wondering what you thought counted as economic history vs economics in your ps? My whole personal statmeent revolves around the history of economics with my first paragraph being about how I got into it via a talk on neocolonialism, second being how I developed my ideas via certain books and what I learnt, and lastly talked about how I implement what I learn into presentations, extracurricular etc
Actually I’m not entirely sure about how to differentiate both very precisely, but I think what you based on what you explains sounds great. I think there’s a clear development and it’s great that you talked about how you implemented you interest and knowledge in extracurricular etc..
Original post by nssvzq
Actually I’m not entirely sure about how to differentiate both very precisely, but I think what you based on what you explains sounds great. I think there’s a clear development and it’s great that you talked about how you implemented you interest and knowledge in extracurricular etc..

hope so mate, the waiting game is just so boring haha but not much we can do about it, sounds better than it was and unfortunately my predicteds arent the greatest compared to my GCSEs
Reply 44
hope so mate, the waiting game is just so boring haha but not much we can do about it, sounds better than it was and unfortunately my predicteds arent the greatest compared to my GCSEs
Yes I agree, I hope they send the answers quickly !
they might realise and reject you from both instantly, why not just apply economic history then?
they might realise and reject you from both instantly, why not just apply economic history then?

large amounts of people apply to both? your allowed to apply to numerous you realise that right
large amounts of people apply to both? your allowed to apply to numerous you realise that right
Yh but shows u dont have interest in1 specific course.
Did you take history A level?
Yh but shows u dont have interest in1 specific course.

shows I have a strong interest in economic history which lse offers the strongest courses for and is relatively niche, I did not take history a level but I did take it at GCSE. I’ve spoke someone I know on the course and she said a large amount applied to both and it doesn’t negatively impact their application
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hi have you guys received an offer yet??
no
shows I have a strong interest in economic history which lse offers the strongest courses for and is relatively niche, I did not take history a level but I did take it at GCSE. I’ve spoke someone I know on the course and she said a large amount applied to both and it doesn’t negatively impact their application
I didnt take history at A level but from what ive seen its basically an informal requirement. Look at linkdedin
yo any updates ?
Original post by Anonymous #1
yo any updates ?
No offers ive seen yet, what subjects did you do at A level?
Original post by Anonymous #1
yo any updates ?
nah
When do they usually give out offers?
Original post by Anonymous #3
When do they usually give out offers?
late March
Original post by maybbeeeeeeeeee
late March
we're nearly there :frown: hope we all get good news !
isn't it late may?
Original post by Anonymous #4
isn't it late may?
the ucas deadline is the 14th or 16th of may i believe. so no.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending