The Student Room Group

Applying for grad scheme internally?

I can't find anything about this online, so thought I'd ask! I started at a firm in an entry-level role, after being rejected from pretty much every grad scheme I applied for. Figured I'd power through the admin stuff and make some connections, then try to get extra experience or qualifications... but after two months, I'm realising the only way to progress and get sponsored for professional exams is through this company's Grad scheme. I feel so isolated from the other young people on the team (I'm 23; everyone in my team is 20+ years older) and want to move, but I don't know if it'll be possible!

Our internal jobs board has Graduate scheme openings and I can apply for them, but I want to discuss this with my manager first. However, as I'm still new to the role and the grad hire process is much lengthier, I'm not sure if I'll be able to move. I'm worried that they'll think I'm being hasty or dismissive about my current role, that it'll cause issues for them, and that my current team will hate me for it. I've asked my older friends about it, and they all say that the company will be glad to have an enthusiastic person they can vouch for on their grad team... but I'm still not sure. Has anyone done this sort of thing before?

Quick Reply

Latest