The Student Room Group

Grade problems- design major

hi, so i just wanted to rant a bit..
I'm a design student in uni, freshman year. my marks all this time haven't been too great, I've been consistently scoring below average in all my subjects. I'm genuinely not very good at design, and I've discovered that i really don't enjoy it. I'm dropping out once the year ends (and changing majors/ colleges hopefully); the course is actually too expensive for me to continue in anyway.
but um, i just found my grades in a recent exam and they're.. bad. like really bad. I'm genuinely devastated. i put in a lot of effort into my submissions (we don't need to give exams, we just need to turn in submissions) and while i did get a few things wrong and didn't do as good of a job as i could have, i don't feel like i deserved such a low mark. Mine is the lowest in class. I know it's my fault, really, but i don't feel.. guilty? at all? but it still feels really bad and i feel like a terrible person.
and i know it's (my marks) not gonna get better, it's only gonna go more downhill from now. i just feel so burnt out, demotivated.. and i have my end-sem exam coming up in a few days. i cannot concentrate on that at all. I'm not gonna get a good grade anyway, and in the long run, it doesn't even matter. i don't even like design. I'm not gonna stick around my uni for more than a few months, tops.
i don't know what to do. do you guys have any advice, or can you tell me some helpful stuff? should i stop preparing? should i just drop out right now? sorry for the super long post, and idk if i can post this stuff on here, but.. yeah. have a good day!
Reply 1
If your planning to drop out. Ensure you have plans after you drop out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending