The Student Room Group

how likely are unis to give offers in December or before January 31st deadline?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Cupcakecandy
Maybe this year is different - I got an offer from Kings for CS a few days ago

When did you apply though? I hope it's different, really hate the wait
Original post by BangPitung
When did you apply though? I hope it's different, really hate the wait

I applied on the 7th of November
Reply 22
Original post by Cupcakecandy
Maybe this year is different - I got an offer from Kings for CS a few days ago

what grades did u apply w
Are you an overseas student
Original post by Ashdeux
what grades did u apply w

My predicted was A*AA but the offer was conditional AAA
Original post by swanseajack1
Are you an overseas student

No, home student
Reply 26
Original post by BangPitung
I'm an international student and just submitted my application to the following universities, all for integrated master computer science
1. UCL
2. KCL
3. Durham
4. Southampton
5. Nottingham

I expected a long wait but just curious if all of them will definitely be very late in like April, March, or even May or can I expect to hear back from at least one of them this or next month?

UCL = late

KCL = late

Durham = Late

Southampton = Relatively fast (before the applicant deadline....I think one person from our school has an offer to study Maths with Computer Science at Southampton).

Nottingham = Relatively fast (one person received an offer a month after sending their application in but they were an early applicant).

I sent my application in on 27/09.

I applied to Cambridge, Imperial, Durham, Edinburgh and Manchester and so far have had four decisions (3 offers, 1 rejection ,waiting on Durham).

I got my Manchester offer within a week of sending my application in (3 A*s)

I got my Edinburgh offer a week after that (3 A*s)

I fumbled my TMUA admissions test so I got my rejection from Cambridge on November 24th.

Four days ago, I got my offer from Imperial (A*AAA and Grade 2 in STEP II)

My friend, who even though he has lived in the UK for 5 years is classed as an international student, also applied to the same universities as me (except he applied to Bath rather than Edinburgh).

From his decisions, I can say that Cambridge colleges make their decisions on their applicants at the same time (he got an interview) and that Manchester is very quick because he too got his decision about 1 month after me but other than that, I can't say anything.

Other than the above person, all of the other people mentioned (including myself) are home applicants. Don't worry about not receiving decisions before the applicant deadline. They will reserve many seats for international students so you still have good chances.

One of my other friends (who is also classed as international despite living in the UK for over 4 years) got rejected from UCL for Physics about 3 weeks ago so I would treat no news as good news.

The universities you applied to have no formal admissions test to differentiate between applicants so you will find that you may have to wait a while even if you are a home applicant so relax and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending