The Student Room Group

No tuition fee loan

Hi

I have studied Pharmacy in the past but unfortunately had to resit a year. I then dropped out as I was going through a really bad time, with divorce etc.

I want to study Nursing (Mental Health) and have applied.

My student finance entitlement has the full maintenance loan, but the tuition fee loan is £0.

I will be entitled to Universal Credit during my studies by the looks of it, but the NHS Learning Support Fund is dependent on me being entitled to the SFE tuition fee I think?

Is there anything I can do? I'm feeling pretty desperate.
Original post by MaturePharm1
Hi

I have studied Pharmacy in the past but unfortunately had to resit a year. I then dropped out as I was going through a really bad time, with divorce etc.

I want to study Nursing (Mental Health) and have applied.

My student finance entitlement has the full maintenance loan, but the tuition fee loan is £0.

I will be entitled to Universal Credit during my studies by the looks of it, but the NHS Learning Support Fund is dependent on me being entitled to the SFE tuition fee I think?

Is there anything I can do? I'm feeling pretty desperate.

Hi there, We can look further into the Tuition Fee query for you, please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, We can look further into the Tuition Fee query for you, please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela

Hi, there never seems to be the option to access the live chat when I am online...Is there a specific time when they are online?
Hi, there never seems to be the option to access the live chat when I am online...Is there a specific time when they are online?

Hi there, They are available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Alternatively please call us on 0300 100 0607. Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Hi there, They are available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Alternatively please call us on 0300 100 0607. Thanks, Angela

I am currently on call with SFE and the advisor and senior colleague seem totally clueless.

They are taking my previous study into account even though Nursing is an exempt course.

I don't seem to be getting any further forward.
I am currently on call with SFE and the advisor and senior colleague seem totally clueless.

They are taking my previous study into account even though Nursing is an exempt course.

I don't seem to be getting any further forward.

Hi there, Have they advised on your awarded entitlement being correct due to previous study? Thanks, Angela
Reply 6
Hi there, Have they advised on your awarded entitlement being correct due to previous study? Thanks, Angela

They were saying that I am not entitled due to previous study.

They have sent my case for reassessment but seemed non-commital about whether I am entitled due to nursing being an exempt course.
They were saying that I am not entitled due to previous study.

They have sent my case for reassessment but seemed non-commital about whether I am entitled due to nursing being an exempt course.

Hi there, Please allow 5 working days for the assessing team to review your entitlement. Keep an eye on your online account for updates. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending