The Student Room Group

Advice on Starting uni at 23 help? Foundation degree?

Thinking of starting a foundation degree and then continuing on to full time bachelors in either business management or engineering.

I’m 23, have 6 GCSEs grade 4 and above. Additionally I’ve also completed C&G level 3 mechanical manufacturing engineering diploma. I’ve been working on and off since I was 19 in various mechanical jobs.

What are the options for me? Would I be able to get into a decent university ?

And would any courses accept me
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Bobbnewman1
Thinking of starting a foundation degree and then continuing on to full time bachelors in either business management or engineering.

I’m 23, have 6 GCSEs grade 4 and above. Additionally I’ve also completed C&G level 3 mechanical manufacturing engineering diploma. I’ve been working on and off since I was 19 in various mechanical jobs.

Most foundation years require level 3 qualifications (A level, Btec, etc.). Probably the best option for you would be to take a one-year Access to HE diploma and then you should be able to skip the foundation year at uni:

https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/about-access
Original post by Bobbnewman1

Hello @Bobbnewman1 😊

Another option you may like to explore is education providers with flexible entry requirements. For example, when considering candidates for our BSc Business Management course, we review applications holistically. This means we consider your personal statement, background, work, and other experience.

If this sounds interesting to you, you can explore our entry requirements here - https://bit.ly/49W9pA7

I hope this helps!

Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending