The Student Room Group

Oxford programme

Hello!

I want to apply for the Year 12 Inspire Programme, and this is my response to the question: Why do you want to take part in the Year 12 Inspire Programme?

I have achieved a milestone in my life having completed 11 GCSEs, and the dedication and hard work which I placed in these qualifications is still continuing throughout my A Levels, and is something I can also transfer supercurricular resources which the programme provides. Additionally, I have a strong interest in A Level subjects, particularly in Chemistry and Biology. Therefore, I would be grateful for having the opportunity to explore these subjects in greater in depth beyond the curriculum. This would enable me to be challenged and to surpass my limitations…I have engaged in. It would also contribute to my learning curve as I grow older. Moreover I feel that this programme is unique, because, as a compound event, not only offering sessions led by leading Oxford academics, but simultaneously to learn about life lessons which would be valuable assets at University. I am particularly excited about the Inspire Research Project, because I have always enjoyed researching subjects I am passionate about, from gathering the data to presenting my findings to others; it is almost like becoming a scientist, being able to explore your passion without restriction! Finally, I believe this programme would provide me a taster of what it is to be an undergraduate student at University, and particularly the unique style of teaching which is provided at Oxford, a university which I am hoping to apply to in the UCAS application.

What is good about it and what could be improved? I would be grateful for any advice.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending