The Student Room Group

Time for Erik Ten Hag to be sacked?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
If Spurs/Villa finish 4th ahead of Man Utd then ETH should be sacked.
Original post by Zerforax

Agree. he has spent too much money to finish below them.

I think they will make the Top 4 ahead of Aston Villa.
Reply 43
Original post by almost_there
Agree. he has spent too much money to finish below them.

He's had a lot of money and time.

I can't see any style of play or anything implemented. Not sure what progress there has been.
He's had a lot of money and time.

I can't see any style of play or anything implemented. Not sure what progress there has been.
He's had a lot of money because John Murtough can't do his job properly.
He's had just over a year, which isn't enough time. It took Sir Alex 4 years to win his first trophy. ETH did it in his first season.
We're fighting for Champions League football for the second year now. This hasn't really happened for 10 years so that's the progress.
Now is the time to judge him with proper management and structure overhead.
Reply 45
Original post by srichandmyneni
He's had a lot of money because John Murtough can't do his job properly.
He's had just over a year, which isn't enough time. It took Sir Alex 4 years to win his first trophy. ETH did it in his first season.
We're fighting for Champions League football for the second year now. This hasn't really happened for 10 years so that's the progress.
Now is the time to judge him with proper management and structure overhead.

ETH has still spent poorly on transfers.
ETH is into his 2nd season at Man Utd but you can see other managers who have made way more impact in similar time frames.

SAF came into a Man Utd side that really needed re-building. ETH came when Man Utd are still basically one of the richest clubs in the world.
People who compare ETH to Sir Alex really have no idea how to judge a manager. Looks like Ratcliffe will have to make a decision very soon.

Quick Reply

Latest