The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Access Program 2024

I received an email confirming my place on the Lancaster access program and wanted to see if anyone else was also doing it?
Original post by Cee.NK
I received an email confirming my place on the Lancaster access program and wanted to see if anyone else was also doing it?

Hi,
I'm currently in my 3rd year studying Geography at Lancaster. When I was in sixth form in 2020/2021, I took part in the Lancaster access program and found it really helpful in preparing for university generally, especially the benefits it provides if you want to study at Lancaster in the future. If you have any questions about the program I'd be more than happy to help answer them!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Cee.NK

same here!
May I ask you whether you are in year 12 or 13? btw I am a year 13 student.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
same here!
May I ask you whether you are in year 12 or 13? btw I am a year 13 student.

Hi :smile:
I’m in year 13 too
Reply 4
Can I ask what sort of alternative offer you’ve been made if you complete the programme. It says maximum of 3 grades lower on the website. This would be for geography. Thank you!
Original post by Anony1006
Can I ask what sort of alternative offer you’ve been made if you complete the programme. It says maximum of 3 grades lower on the website. This would be for geography. Thank you!

Hi there,

This may be wrong - I did not do the access programme myself but I did study Geography at Lancaster.

So for BSc and BA geography, the requirements are ABB, so if there is a maximum of 3 grades lower, they would probably allow something like BCC.

If you have any questions about studying Geography at Lancaster specifically, feel free to DM me a message!

Best wishes,
Tyler (Student Ambassador for Lancaster)

Hi @Anony1006
As Tyler's already said, by completing the program you can get a grade reduction of up to 3 grades. Therefore, the BA and Bsc in Geography require ABB so the lowest offer you could get would be BCC.
I also found the program really useful in preparation for university, as it covers study skills and gives an overview about what university learning is like, as well as the residential experience giving you the opportunity to experience what university life is like. If you have any more questions about the program, feel free to ask!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador, 3rd year Physical Geography)
Reply 7
On the email from the access program they said that they’d be sending out an email with information about the launch event but I haven’t received anything yet. Do you know when they will be in contact?
Reply 8
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi @Anony1006
As Tyler's already said, by completing the program you can get a grade reduction of up to 3 grades. Therefore, the BA and Bsc in Geography require ABB so the lowest offer you could get would be BCC.
I also found the program really useful in preparation for university, as it covers study skills and gives an overview about what university learning is like, as well as the residential experience giving you the opportunity to experience what university life is like. If you have any more questions about the program, feel free to ask!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador, 3rd year Physical Geography)

Thanks Jasmine

Can I ask how they decide on the grade reduction? Also, I’ve heard you get credit towards completing the LAP by attending events etc. does the LAP take a lot of time up (as I am in Y13).

Thank you!
Reply 9
Hello Everyone,

I am a participant of the Lancaster access programme who joined in year 12 and now has moved into year 13. i was wondering if there have been any 2024 events available. since i cannot seem to find any links of sort in the LAP portal.

Thank you
Reply 10
Original post by Ammar-_-
Hello Everyone,

I am a participant of the Lancaster access programme who joined in year 12 and now has moved into year 13. i was wondering if there have been any 2024 events available. since i cannot seem to find any links of sort in the LAP portal.

Thank you

They’ve had the launch event for the program - it was on Saturday. Did you not get any emails about the program? Maybe you had to reapply to it I’m not sure
Thanks Jasmine

Can I ask how they decide on the grade reduction? Also, I’ve heard you get credit towards completing the LAP by attending events etc. does the LAP take a lot of time up (as I am in Y13).

Thank you!

Hi @Anony1006,
If you email the LAP program director they should be able to tell you some more information on the grade reductions, [email protected]. Personally, i found that the LAP didn't take to much time. From what I remember there was lots of events to get involved in both online and at the university and these counted for points, of which you have to collect so many points. I got most of my points from a summer school at the university, the introduction event and a few online evening webinars(which lasted 1-2 hours), so I'd say its definitely achievable in year 13. If you have any more questions about the program feel free to ask!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Reply 12
Original post by Cee.NK
They’ve had the launch event for the program - it was on Saturday. Did you not get any emails about the program? Maybe you had to reapply to it I’m not sure

I heard it was in person event so i was not able to attend. I'm just waiting for other planned events and their links to apply to them. Do you have any idea on that? (thank you for replying). If anyone wants to know about the grade reductions. yes of course it true, I recently got my UCAS updated for my Lancaster offer and it says if i complete the programme my requirement will drop from AAB to BBC.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Ammar-_-

I heard it was in person event so i was not able to attend. I'm just waiting for other planned events and their links to apply to them. Do you have any idea on that? (thank you for replying). If anyone wants to know about the grade reductions. yes of course it true, I recently got my UCAS updated for my Lancaster offer and it says if i complete the programme my requirement will drop from AAB to BBC.

They said that they’ll be sending out information next week to get into the portal - there’ll be online activities on there that we need to complete. They’ve got a couple more in person events too planned that we sign up for through the portal.
Reply 14
Original post by Cee.NK
They said that they’ll be sending out information next week to get into the portal - there’ll be online activities on there that we need to complete. They’ve got a couple more in person events too planned that we sign up for through the portal.

Alr. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending