The Student Room Group

Questions about Widening Access

Hello Everyone,

I am a 5th Year Scottish High School Student currently sitting Highers,
Sadly this past year I have been struggling with a medical condition which has prevented me from going to school as often, and I might not sit highers this academic year due to the condition.

I was wondering if I was eligible for widening access or any other support for admissions when I apply for university.

If you guys have any other advice or experiences I would really appreciate it as well.

Thanks.
Original post by canryangetAs
Hello Everyone,

I am a 5th Year Scottish High School Student currently sitting Highers,
Sadly this past year I have been struggling with a medical condition which has prevented me from going to school as often, and I might not sit highers this academic year due to the condition.

I was wondering if I was eligible for widening access or any other support for admissions when I apply for university.

If you guys have any other advice or experiences I would really appreciate it as well.

Thanks.

You wont get offers for widening access for this reason. This is for students who have been in care, live in post codes where fewer go to university or are in poorly performing. You would need to look at extenuating circumstances and universities will look at these individually. I dont know anything about the scottish system as it is different but suspect they would expect you to take highers next year. You would best be asking the universities you are interested in attending as to what their policy is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending