The Student Room Group

University of Sheffield

Hey does anyone know for university of Sheffield if you qualify for widening participation and want to apply to medicine do you have to do the schemes, or is if you haven't done them and want to apply for this year is it too late? And if you meet the entry requirements is it a guarantee interview for the widening participation students, I want to apply as they accept resit students but i got a ucat score of 2450 and I know this is on the lower end so I dont want to be rejected
Reply 1
Original post by yaraalin
Hey does anyone know for university of Sheffield if you qualify for widening participation and want to apply to medicine do you have to do the schemes, or is if you haven't done them and want to apply for this year is it too late? And if you meet the entry requirements is it a guarantee interview for the widening participation students, I want to apply as they accept resit students but i got a ucat score of 2450 and I know this is on the lower end so I dont want to be rejected

Hi, what WP criteria do you meet? It’s too late for the specific Medicine programme for Yr 12/13 students as you start that in Yr 12. For the general Access Sheffield and Access+ schemes, you can check on their website how to notify them for whichever criteria you meet - https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/study/policies/access-sheffield. For some criteria it will be automatically flagged through your UCAS application eg free school meals. If in doubt, email them and ask: [email protected].
Re your UCAT score, their lowest for 2023 was 2440 so that is very tight. I don’t know if they consider a lower UCAT for WP at Sheffield (or if that score was a WP candidate). I know some do like Exeter but not sure for Sheffield. I think it might just be the lower grade offer in which case it depends on whether you want to go to Sheffield enough to take that risk. Do you have other safer options?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending