The Student Room Group

Hinge date: I want a second date

Hello everyone!

I went on a date with a man I met on Hinge. We had a serious spark and we kissed.

I told him the next day on messages that I want to see him again and he replied saying, "same, I would like to see you again and I can cook for you or we can do an activity but it will have to be next week as I have rehearsals in the evening this week"

Next week is now approaching and he still has not gotten back to me regarding a second date. We message each other once daily but I really like him and I want to see him again.

What should I do, it's really upsetting me?

Please help! Thank you!
Just ask him: "Do you still want to meet this week? If so would [day] work for you?"
Original post by manoharr
Hello everyone!

I went on a date with a man I met on Hinge. We had a serious spark and we kissed.

I told him the next day on messages that I want to see him again and he replied saying, "same, I would like to see you again and I can cook for you or we can do an activity but it will have to be next week as I have rehearsals in the evening this week"

Next week is now approaching and he still has not gotten back to me regarding a second date. We message each other once daily but I really like him and I want to see him again.

What should I do, it's really upsetting me?

Please help! Thank you!

He has already suggested that he "can cook for you or we can do an activity". So lean into that.

You could try, "What sort of things do you like to cook? Name the ingredients and I'll pick up whatever you need. We can cook it together."

Or how about proposing an activity? "My local pub has live music next Wednesday. Should we go?" (Or whatever "activity" you think you both might enjoy.)
Reply 3
I would leave the ball in his court and he’ll probably get back to you. Dating is full of unpleasant surprises and not being over keen is a good strategy for success and for protecting your self esteem
Reply 4
Original post by 1582
Just ask him: "Do you still want to meet this week? If so would [day] work for you?"

Thanks! We haven't spoken about it for 5 days because he did not carry on with that topic of meeting up. I hope I don't sound so desperate asking ☹️

Would I sound desperate? "Are we still meeting up this week? I can do Friday or Saturday?"

I am pretty sure he knows I am interested. I just get sad because he is slowing down with the messages but he does message back greatl.
Reply 5
Original post by DataVenia
He has already suggested that he "can cook for you or we can do an activity". So lean into that.

You could try, "What sort of things do you like to cook? Name the ingredients and I'll pick up whatever you need. We can cook it together."

Or how about proposing an activity? "My local pub has live music next Wednesday. Should we go?" (Or whatever "activity" you think you both might enjoy.)

Thank you! I would rather stick with the activity because it's safer for a woman as for now.

Do you think if a man slows down his messages it means they are losing interest?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending