The Student Room Group

Conflicting Information From SFE

Hi all,

I've been applying for the Postgraduate finance and had sent off my original Birth Certificate last week as requested under the ""your to-do list" on my online application. It was the only thing asked of me while the "STATUS" was "Application Submitted". I sent it via Royal Mail 24hr Tracked and Royal Mail sent me a photo the following day of the envelope placed in a trolley at the intended destination, having been posted successfully to SFE.

Today, I noticed that the "STATUS" on my online application has changed to "Verifying Payment Details" and underneath that is a "What happens next" section claiming: "We've got everything we need from you and your payments are ready to be made view payments."

Clicking on this "view payments" shows three month instalments of the requested amount. The status here just claims "Verifying payment details".

Everything seemed fine, until I checked my "Letters & emails" to find a letter (also sent today) claiming I "did not send all the supporting documents asked for" and states I need to send them my original Birth Certificate?

I'm so confused, as this is conflicting information. As I mentioned, on my actual application they claim "We've got everything we need from you and your payments are ready to be made". They've got my original Birth Certificate... Is this Letter asking for my Birth Certificate just a mistake?
Original post by unbiddenmeerkat
Hi all,

I've been applying for the Postgraduate finance and had sent off my original Birth Certificate last week as requested under the ""your to-do list" on my online application. It was the only thing asked of me while the "STATUS" was "Application Submitted". I sent it via Royal Mail 24hr Tracked and Royal Mail sent me a photo the following day of the envelope placed in a trolley at the intended destination, having been posted successfully to SFE.

Today, I noticed that the "STATUS" on my online application has changed to "Verifying Payment Details" and underneath that is a "What happens next" section claiming: "We've got everything we need from you and your payments are ready to be made view payments."

Clicking on this "view payments" shows three month instalments of the requested amount. The status here just claims "Verifying payment details".

Everything seemed fine, until I checked my "Letters & emails" to find a letter (also sent today) claiming I "did not send all the supporting documents asked for" and states I need to send them my original Birth Certificate?

I'm so confused, as this is conflicting information. As I mentioned, on my actual application they claim "We've got everything we need from you and your payments are ready to be made". They've got my original Birth Certificate... Is this Letter asking for my Birth Certificate just a mistake?

Hi there,

You would need to contact us so we can check this for you. You can call us on 0300 100 0031 Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturdays 9am- 4pm.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending