The Student Room Group

what can i do if my predicated grades wont get me into university, but my actual grad

i have MMM as my btec applied science predicted grades (this isnt offical, but ive gotten merits all year so i assume it will be. my attendance is low for a few reasons but i digress. what if i get rejected from university because of my low predicted grades, but my actual grades are good enough to get in? i also havent been able to do work experience because you need references that are more than 2 years old but i havent known anyone for that long. do i just take it on the chin and reapply next year?
Original post by emmaboylan
i have MMM as my btec applied science predicted grades (this isnt offical, but ive gotten merits all year so i assume it will be. my attendance is low for a few reasons but i digress. what if i get rejected from university because of my low predicted grades, but my actual grades are good enough to get in? i also havent been able to do work experience because you need references that are more than 2 years old but i havent known anyone for that long. do i just take it on the chin and reapply next year?

Firstly many universities make reach offers so could offer you a conditional offer of say DMM for you to achieve rather than reject you outright. You would then need to achieve the higher grade to be guaranteed to get in but there is still the possibility you will be accepted on lower grades on results day.

If you are rejected and get better grades you would need to use clearing. It is very doubtful you would get into this university as they clearly dont want you or could have acted as above,
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
Firstly many universities make reach offers so could offer you a conditional offer of say DMM for you to achieve rather than reject you outright. You would then need to achieve the higher grade to be guaranteed to get in but there is still the possibility you will be accepted on lower grades on results day.

If you are rejected and get better grades you would need to use clearing. It is very doubtful you would get into this university as they clearly dont want you or could have acted as above,

thank you for the reply! im not concerned with getting DMM as i know its 100% within my abilities, i was just concerned with getting accepted at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending