The Student Room Group

Switching University from Year 0+1, to Year 0 - Funding

So I will try an summarise this as quickly as possible, this is in regards to my partner's application as she's currently been shown she cannot get funding.

So last year my partner left her University course at University (A), due to needing to be close to myself and our daughter. Our daughter and my partner both have health issues and as such my partner has transferred to University (B), however her tuition fee is showing as £0.

At University (A):

1. Completed Year "0" + "1" (4 Year course including foundation with no +1 gist year ever used).
2. University obviously sent her a withdrawal completion and certHE.
3. Left the course due to the reasons explained above and agreed by the University and applied on UCAS for September 2023 for University (B) as she had been accepted.

At University (B):

1. She was accepted and is now studying from Year "0" on a 4 Year course (Including foundation)
2. She has now been informed that her tuition fee is 0.

What are her options in this regards, as I slightly understand the calculation in regards to (Course Length + 1 - Years Prior).

But given her circumstances and myself caring for her on a medical reasoning and our daughter and being on low income.

Realistically is this correct, and how does that calculation reflect her circumstance.

Thanks in advance.
Hi MrSparkle,

As you correctly pointed out the calculation as to whether we can award tuition fees is length of course + additional year - years of previous study

For your partner, this would be 4 + 1 - 2 which means your partner currently has 3 years of tuition fee funding available which is why funding is currently blocked for the 1st year of her new course

To get an extra year of funding she will need to apply for Compelling Personal Reasons. this will consist of a cover letter and supporting evidence about the reasons outside her control that meant that she couldn't progress from a previous year of study

It is currently taking around 16 working days to review Compelling Personal Reasons evidence

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending